5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does your truck lean (with full tank of gas and/or without)

Ram_Feste

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how much sag the driver side shows when their gas tank is nearly full or full? Or empty for that matter? I've noticed that the driver side rear is a full inch lower than passenger side rear (currently ~31 gallons of fuel) when measured, but feel that's been fairly consistently off left to right empty or full. Anyone else as OCD as me on this and want to compensate with spacer lift to offset that oddity? Wish they would just put in a slightly stronger spring on that side to compensate stock.

2019 1500 Laramie Longhorn
drivers side 38.25" ground to wheel arch center
passenger side 39.25 ground to wheel arch center

And I know that ground to wheel arch won't give the most accurate measurement, but have measured alternative methods with same result so just using this for discussion purposes.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, and my 4th gen leaned too. Drove me nuts. Kept telling myself was to compensate for road crown.

MurdaRam

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how much sag the driver side shows when their gas tank is nearly full or full? Or empty for that matter? I've noticed that the driver side rear is a full inch lower than passenger side rear (currently ~31 gallons of fuel) when measured, but feel that's been fairly consistently off left to right empty or full. Anyone else as OCD as me on this and want to compensate with spacer lift to offset that oddity? Wish they would just put in a slightly stronger spring on that side to compensate stock.

2019 1500 Laramie Longhorn
drivers side 38.25" ground to wheel arch center
passenger side 39.25 ground to wheel arch center

And I know that ground to wheel arch won't give the most accurate measurement, but have measured alternative methods with same result so just using this for discussion purposes.
Mine does too. I have 33g fuel tank. I asked the dealership to check it out when I brought it in for a recall and they told me it was within spec. I haven't checked to see if it levels out on empty since I usually top off fuel every week.

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
I also have a 33-gallon tank, and my air suspension keeps me level side-to-side as well as front-to-back.
The center of gravity is above the axles, so of course it leans when I make turns, but then levels out again when the turn is complete.

Steve

Klute

Reaction score
Only leans when I am in it...

Gas weighs about 6lbs per gallon or about 200 lbs for 33 gallons.

I guess you could put some weigh in bed on the opposite side?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/