5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does your AC turn itself on?

cowboy99

Reaction score
Mine turns on as well. Very frustrating on a cool morning using the vents then having to adjust everything for a couple minutes just to keep from getting frozen, then having to readjust it when the AC turns off.

U

User_3336

Just turn it off, period.

Mine turns on as well. Very frustrating on a cool morning using the vents then having to adjust everything for a couple minutes just to keep from getting frozen, then having to readjust it when the AC turns off.

cowboy99

Reaction score
Turn off all the ventilation?? Ahh no, sitting in stale air isn't for me. It also turns on when the temp is set to 72 so it's coming on when I should be getting heat. Call me crazy, but I think it's a pretty reasonable expectation that if I turn it off it should stay off. It will be very frustrating if it continues to turn on in the winter.

parnine

Reaction score

Turn what off exactly?

This whole thread is about the 'AC' being OFF - and yet the 'AC' (as in compressor to create cold air) turns itself ON. We want a 'vent' (with fan potentially) mode where the compressor NEVER comes on - like the most other vehicles.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
so, anybody know where the humidity sensor is? Or have a wiring diagram, that shows it?

Last edited:

Wsmith

Reaction score
I originally posted asking if it might be in defrost, checked mine it does the same thing. On a cool morning I turn the vents on, no AC. It starts out fine then gets cold as hell, for no apparent reason the compressor is turning on. I guess it could be a humidity sensor, although these mornings the dew point is pretty low. Wish it could get this cold when it is hot outside. I also wish there was a setting to turn the fan off completely.

Users who are viewing this thread