5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does this wheel set-up work?

bbehnke

Reaction score
Any issues with rubbing ?
There was very minor rubbing needed in the front inside fenders (just hitting the plastic). I have since trimmed it and used the leveling links to level it/lifting it about an inch-did it just for appearance, there was no need to do so for the rubbing. I really like the look it gives. ride hasn't really hurt to much either. actually felt no real difference until I lifted it a bit. I am still trying to find the proper tire pressure for these tires as I've never ran them before. currently I have them at 50 - seems a bit rough.

DK04

Reaction score
There was very minor rubbing needed in the front inside fenders (just hitting the plastic). I have since trimmed it and used the leveling links to level it/lifting it about an inch-did it just for appearance, there was no need to do so for the rubbing. I really like the look it gives. ride hasn't really hurt to much either. actually felt no real difference until I lifted it a bit. I am still trying to find the proper tire pressure for these tires as I've never ran them before. currently I have them at 50 - seems a bit rough.
Thanks. Did leveling it add the additional room to fit the tires? Or did you need to trim anyways

Savagescott

Reaction score

Love the look of the 35s and very glad to hear you’re having no issues. I think I’ll go with 22s but the tire size looks great. How much effect on ride quality do the leveling have?

I’ve heard theories about being able to adjust the air tide height and eliminate the need for the leveling links. Can anyone confirm this is possible?

bbehnke

Reaction score
Thanks. Did leveling it add the additional room to fit the tires? Or did you need to trim anyways
If you leveled no trimming would be necessary. When I say trimming I literally just zipped off a small piece of plastic. Probably could’ve gotten away with zip tying it up but figured I’d just get rid of it.

bbehnke

Reaction score
Love the look of the 35s and very glad to hear you’re having no issues. I think I’ll go with 22s but the tire size looks great. How much effect on ride quality do the leveling have?

I’ve heard theories about being able to adjust the air tide height and eliminate the need for the leveling links. Can anyone confirm this is possible?
The links allow you to adjust the height. With the stock you can ride at normal and aero at all times. All other functions have speed limits that will auto direct it back to ‘normal’. The tires did not effect the right quality as much as the leveling links did. Tires I would say 10% to the lift being the rest. I like the leveled look I will be keeping it for the winter. I would like to add 22’s and more road worthy tires for the summer.

cra1g

Reaction score
If you leveled no trimming would be necessary. When I say trimming I literally just zipped off a small piece of plastic. Probably could’ve gotten away with zip tying it up but figured I’d just get rid of it.

I haven't even ordered my Ram yet, but when I do, KO2s are the first things going on it. This is very helpful information--thank you!

Savagescott

Reaction score
The links allow you to adjust the height. With the stock you can ride at normal and aero at all times. All other functions have speed limits that will auto direct it back to ‘normal’. The tires did not effect the right quality as much as the leveling links did. Tires I would say 10% to the lift being the rest. I like the leveled look I will be keeping it for the winter. I would like to add 22’s and more road worthy tires for the summer.

I should have been clearer in my question. When I asked about adjusting the height of the air ride, I meant making an adjustment via the computer, i.e. "resetting" the height it calls normal, aero, etc. I thought I saw a post (can't find it) that suggested each corner should be able to be adjusted separately. If true, I inferred this meant, theoretically, you could get the effect of a level without links.

bbehnke

Reaction score
I should have been clearer in my question. When I asked about adjusting the height of the air ride, I meant making an adjustment via the computer, i.e. "resetting" the height it calls normal, aero, etc. I thought I saw a post (can't find it) that suggested each corner should be able to be adjusted separately. If true, I inferred this meant, theoretically, you could get the effect of a level without links.

I’ve heard this is possible too.

Users who are viewing this thread