5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does this sound right?

penguinphan

Reaction score
Quick question for the EcoDiesel guys out there? 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with the EcoDiesel. I have 33,500 miles and am getting my 30k service done. I got a call from the dealership saying that they recommend an EGR Clean Out (cleans the intake, EGR cooler, diesel particulate filter and then does a regeneration). It seems like this is kinda early to have to do this, also it costs $910.

Am I right in thinking that it's pretty early for this type of service?

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
IDK but the dealership does or says things like this simply to make money and more than likely haven't even looked at any of those components

N0cturnal

Reaction score
I had Ecodiesel Jeep and had over 60K miles on it. No dealer every said anything about cleaning EGR. I did ended up getting it replaced under recall though, but that was around 47K miles. I would not let them touch it and mess with it so they can make some money.

Users who are viewing this thread