5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the Ram 1500 appear smaller than Ford F150?

Jneally

Reaction score
I have had 2 people randomly comment that my new truck doesn't look as big as my Ford. I just thought that was highly unusual and wanted to know if anyone else had heard those comments. My F150 was leveled like my new Ram. I actually have bigger rims and tires on my Ram. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2103.jpg
    IMG_2103.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_2092.jpg
    IMG_2092.jpg
    595.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2107.jpg
    IMG_2107.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2106.jpg
    IMG_2106.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 101

robbiele

Reaction score
I have had 2 people randomly comment that my new truck doesn't look as big as my Ford. I just thought that was highly unusual and wanted to know if anyone else had heard those comments. My F150 was leveled like my new Ram. I actually have bigger rims and tires on my Ram. Thanks.

And how does that make you feel, lol? In all seriousness, I do believe the more sleek appearance of the 5th gen does cause a bit of a trick to the mind.

Lize

Reaction score
Colour makes quite a difference, what was your F150?

Jneally

Reaction score
And how does that make you feel, lol? In all seriousness, I do believe the more sleek appearance of the 5th gen does cause a bit of a trick to the mind.
It kind of ticked me off, Lol. Not a big deal, no pun intended, but I did consider getting a 3/12 lift instead of just a level now. I just thought it was really odd. I absolutely love this truck! So much nicer than my Plat in my opinion. Thanks

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
i think its all visual "perspective"... i mean look at this pic our two 2010's... they were BOTH 1500's same width and length. and even tho mine wasn't lifted, it looked so small from that angle, it almost looked like it could fit in the bed...lol

biglittle.jpg

rlc2020

Reaction score
Coming from a 2016 same config, it's amazing to me how this truck feels smaller. I know it is actually larger, but my 2016 looked and felt bigger to both me and my wife for some reason. although, I must say, the interior seems larger.

lonestar_penta19

Reaction score
I traded in a 2016 F150 for my Ram. The F150 felt wider inside the cab. As a side: The Ram has the better interior as we all know.

robbiele

Reaction score
According to edmunds comparison, the f150 has more front interior shoulder and leg room than the ram. However, Ram has much more rear leg room. I was actually surprised at some of the numbers when comparing the 2 trucks interior even though the exterior of the Ram is larger.

Users who are viewing this thread