5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the ORP springs have a stiffer spring rate?

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
My understanding is that you can use the ORP springs on the Mopar kit (I already have the updated mopar kit installed). 2 questions:

1. I've only seen people install the ORP spring on the front of the Mopar kit for more of a level look. I assume the rear ORP spring will work too...?
2. Does anyone know if the ORP springs have a higher spring rate compared to the normal OEM?

I have ~500 lbs of gear permanently installed on the truck (with more to come) and the truck is starting to "sag". So need a stiffer spring on all 4 corners. Not sure the ORP spring will compensate for the "sag" if it also doesn't have a stiffer spring rate.

Eibach has something for the 4th gen trucks, but they aren't sure if it will work with 5th gen trucks. I'm also waiting on BSD to get back to me on their 2.5" coilover that will be releasing soon. I would hope it has a higher spring rate.

Thanks all.

Todd1500

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the spring rate, but Mopar told me that the 2" lift can be installed on trucks with the ORP. So it would really just be swapping out for the taller springs.

Leif_Ram2019

Reaction score
My understanding is that you can use the ORP springs on the Mopar kit (I already have the updated mopar kit installed). 2 questions:

1. I've only seen people install the ORP spring on the front of the Mopar kit for more of a level look. I assume the rear ORP spring will work too...?
2. Does anyone know if the ORP springs have a higher spring rate compared to the normal OEM?

I have ~500 lbs of gear permanently installed on the truck (with more to come) and the truck is starting to "sag". So need a stiffer spring on all 4 corners. Not sure the ORP spring will compensate for the "sag" if it also doesn't have a stiffer spring rate.

Eibach has something for the 4th gen trucks, but they aren't sure if it will work with 5th gen trucks. I'm also waiting on BSD to get back to me on their 2.5" coilover that will be releasing soon. I would hope it has a higher spring rate.

Thanks all.

Slight tangent here.. But would you say the 200 lbs of that is the winch + mounting kit?

wiendog

Reaction score
I am curious what you found out about stiffer springs or ORP springs I have the same need for stiffer springs Thanks

Dire Wolf

Reaction score
For stiffer springs, consider exploring Tuff truck 1211, 1210 or maybe 1223. I have the ORP and from what I can find, it is the struts/shocks that are HD, not the springs. But I may be wrong. This is based on my build sheet and what I have read here.

Users who are viewing this thread