5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the Off road version sit higher in the rear compared to non Off road packages?

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
I searched and couldnt find the answer... I know they sit higher in the front which is fixed easily by 5100s but is the rear height on off road packages the same as my Non off road package Laramie?

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I searched and couldnt find the answer... I know they sit higher in the front which is fixed easily by 5100s but is the rear height on off road packages the same as my Non off road package Laramie?
The rear is an inch higher too, via longer springs. Some folks on the forum have ordered the ORP rear springs to raise the rear, along with 5100 or 5160s for the rear (for longer rear shock travel).

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
The rear is an inch higher too, via longer springs. Some folks on the forum have ordered the ORP rear springs to raise the rear, along with 5100 or 5160s for the rear (for longer rear shock travel).

Good to know! Ill be on the hunt for the OEM springs. Wonder if Icon or someone makes a spring comparable to the oem rears. Im sure an inch wont affect the OEM shocks on the rear. Shoot may just add a rear 1" spacer on the rear. From what I have read it doesnt really hurt anything ( on the rear )

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram uses longer shocks with the ORP for a reason …. Your call tho …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good to know! Ill be on the hunt for the OEM springs. Wonder if Icon or someone makes a spring comparable to the oem rears. Im sure an inch wont affect the OEM shocks on the rear. Shoot may just add a rear 1" spacer on the rear. From what I have read it doesnt really hurt anything ( on the rear )
I haven’t made any changes to my suspension at all (stock ORG), so I’m about the worst person to take advise from in this regard, but my understanding is, if you put in a longer spring, you need new rear shocks.

Icon sells a 1.5” spring, Mopar a 1”, Clayton a 2.5”, and there are others. Plenty of folks here who do have experience with lifts, so poke around the threads and you’ll learn lots.

Users who are viewing this thread