5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the 1500 tow group come with 4 tpms?

Fifty

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the tow group for the 1500 trucks, are they supposed to still come with 4 tpms sensors in the glove box.

just got my truck home (bought it across country and drove it) and thought the tailgate wire harness plug was the tpms sensors. I just glanced in the glove box at the dealer and didn’t look close.

no extra tpms sensors anywhere.
Manual says there should be.

LX Sport

Reaction score
I think they pulled that for awhile but noticed just the other day that it says it comes with them in the ram builder. Id didnt have that listed in the tow group a month ago.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the tow group for the 1500 trucks, are they supposed to still come with 4 tpms sensors in the glove box.

just got my truck home (bought it across country and drove it) and thought the tailgate wire harness plug was the tpms sensors. I just glanced in the glove box at the dealer and didn’t look close.

What the manual says is irrelevant.

Does your window sticker or build sheet list it?

Lx sport is right. They pulled trailer TPM for a while because of chip shortage but recently brought it back.

Fifty

Reaction score
Apparently there is two versions. One with and one with out.
My dealer ordered my truck with out… smh…

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If not, for $60 you can get a great aftermarket TPMS that would take literally a minute to install on any trailer tires and a wireless dash unit you can stick anywhere.

These tend to show pressures just as accurately as the factory units while also showing tire air temps.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Sounds like you already figured out that it wasn't on your build sheet. Mine came with a kit of 4 (Part #: P68433188AA). I'd think, but don't know, that it would be easy enough to buy that kit and program your truck for it.

Fifty

Reaction score
Yeah. It turns out that on top of all the other issues I had with my dealership the other thing was they did not order the truck exactly how I wanted it.

it doesn’t seem like a huge deal, but they ordered the cheaper version of the trailer two package that didn’t have the tpms sensors.
At the end of the day, buying mopar ones now will cost me about double what it would have cost if it was ordered.

so now I just need to scan the ones in the wheels, and get the correct mhz and then buy some online.
I run tpms in my spares on my prerunner. Heck if the tech is already there then I’ll use it.
And having the ability now to run it in a trailer, why not especially a camping trailer.

I think back to a front and rear linked f350 I built, and I had a m101a3 military trailer that I built into a camping trailer. Had hub adapters so everything was ford 8 lug (I still have those adapters that I need to sell)

I had 3 spare tires going into a trip from Nevada to bodie California all on trails. (2 in the bed of my truck and one on the trailer)
I drove into Bridgeport with 4 full tires on my truck… and two flat tires on the trailer and all my spares flat.

this was back when all the illegal growers were set up down in SoCal/Nevada area. I didn’t know any better. I learned that trip.
Never go with one spare.

Users who are viewing this thread