5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does RAM need better software engineers?

Adrianp89

Reaction score
I’m not sure what the issue is.... mine works fine. It’s smooth, fast, and responsive. I think they did a great job. Glitches will happen, and they push updates. So what’s the complaint exactly?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not sure what the issue is.... mine works fine. It’s smooth, fast, and responsive. I think they did a great job. Glitches will happen, and they push updates. So what’s the complaint exactly?
So you have no issues with any features of your Uconnect system? Favorite Artists work and notification works? Cell call volumes are good and clear, not too loud? Remote services work every time? You've never had a blank screen or loss of use of the rear camera?

Then we all want to see your software version numbers and demand whatever updates you've received. Sounds like you're driving a unicorn.

The original complaint was fairly self explanatory, features on a vehicle should work off the factory floor and updates should be immediate, not quarterly.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can say that I have yet to notice anything wrong with UConnect. The first cell call I made was loud, but I adjusted the phone volume down and subsequent calls are fine. I've never had a remote function fail, nor had a black screen or problem with the rear camera. I don't use the favorite artists or notifications, so I can't comment on those.

My other vehicle that has remote start and other functions via phone app won't start in my driveway. Never had that problem with the truck. I think it's related to poor coverage of the cellular provider that mfr. used for the system.

cjmst23

Reaction score
So you have no issues with any features of your Uconnect system? Favorite Artists work and notification works? Cell call volumes are good and clear, not too loud? Remote services work every time? You've never had a blank screen or loss of use of the rear camera?

Then we all want to see your software version numbers and demand whatever updates you've received. Sounds like you're driving a unicorn.

The original complaint was fairly self explanatory, features on a vehicle should work off the factory floor and updates should be immediate, not quarterly.
I've never experienced any of these issues with uconnect. There are some features I wish it had that it doesn't, but everything works as advertised.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll also add that it's pretty cool that when my wife texts me while driving they can be read to me so I can keep my eyes on the road.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've never experienced any of these issues with uconnect. There are some features I wish it had that it doesn't, but everything works as advertised.
Then you need to post your software version because you are the first to say EVERYTHING works as advertised.

Adrianp89

Reaction score
I can say that I have yet to notice anything wrong with UConnect. The first cell call I made was loud, but I adjusted the phone volume down and subsequent calls are fine. I've never had a remote function fail, nor had a black screen or problem with the rear camera. I don't use the favorite artists or notifications, so I can't comment on those.

My other vehicle that has remote start and other functions via phone app won't start in my driveway. Never had that problem with the truck. I think it's related to poor coverage of the cellular provider that mfr. used for the system.

I don't use every feature so I cannot speak to all. I have never had a back up camera issue. Call volume was odd when I first bought truck but an update like 2 weeks later fixed it. Same thing with blank screen - even then I just turn hit power off and power on and it works. Only used Guardian for locks not RS but it worked everytime.

Name me one product that works 100%. Even Apple can't say that and they are clear leaders in regards to consumer software. Even my brand new iPhone XS does something funky every now and then.... but those are one off things that happen, I close an app, and it works fine again.

As far as immediate updates... what the hell world do you live in? Ever worked in anything remotely tech? Stuff like that goes through multiple layers of testing - goes back to fix bugs - testing - fix bugs - test - release.. etc. You can't just throw a patch out there.... that's how you end up breaking other things that are more important. Imagine they put in a patch to fix favorite artists and now the lane assist doesn't work. Coding isn't cut and dry, this stuff requires a lot of testing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online