5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know what these bed brackets are for?

dajogejr

Reaction score
Those two hook points you have towards the front of the cab, move.
Unscrew the collar on them, slide them back/forward, then screw them back tight. You should feel detents in the rail as you slide them.

I have them in the bed of mine, I have RAM boxes and they’re standard. Don’t use them often, but when I do they’re nice to have adjustable tie down points, but…between the cargo divider I have and the metal loop points at the end of the bed, I don’t use ‘em too often.
because it’s early…and I’m only a cup or so in…. Red are the movable hooks. Yellow are the “detents” you slide the hooks to lock in. Hope it makes sense.

Attachments

• IMG_0984.jpeg
    IMG_0984.jpeg
    414.7 KB · Views: 48

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
Those two hook points you have towards the front of the cab, move.
Unscrew the collar on them, slide them back/forward, then screw them back tight. You should feel detents in the rail as you slide them.

I have them in the bed of mine, I have RAM boxes and they’re standard. Don’t use them often, but when I do they’re nice to have adjustable tie down points, but…between the cargo divider I have and the metal loop points at the end of the bed, I don’t use ‘em too often.
because it’s early…and I’m only a cup or so in…. Red are the movable hooks. Yellow are the “detents” you slide the hooks to lock in. Hope it makes sense.

Agree, don't use them often but have been indispensable in a number of situations.

sbcncsu

Reaction score
I bought four more tie down cleats for a Toyota from eBay for $20. It fits our rails.
Are the Toyota version all metal?

I saw the ones used in the Nissan PROx are all metal and looked identical to the ones on my RAM. Anyone have any insight if those will fit our rails?

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have these rails but I'm curious, why would Factory Mopar Utility Rails block the Factory Mopar Bed Lights? And could they be installed with the mounting flange down with rail above so not to block the lights?

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a factory rack.
How do you install the new sliders in the rack? I am very interested in obtaining these as I use my rack frequently for tie-downs and have wished for more frequently, these are very handy.
Thanks in advance for the advice/help. :)

BlueHemi1500
There is an opening in the front of the rails, just insert them and slide back.

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
There is an opening in the front of the rails, just insert them and slide back.
Thank you for your response, now to get approval from the finance department, the hardest step of all as always, is getting the credit approval. :)
I saved the link in a tab so, that I can order the parts immediately upon authorization.

IHMO everybody should have this rack on their truck, these are one of the best and most useful options along with the bed step, and trailer brake ( I do not have one.) :(
I got my truck Nused. But once again, I have the parts saved in a tab, once the finance manager approves the credit, parts will be ordered. :)

BlueHemi1500

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
I don't have these rails but I'm curious, why would Factory Mopar Utility Rails block the Factory Mopar Bed Lights? And could they be installed with the mounting flange down with rail above so not to block the lights?
They really don't affect the lights much.

Users who are viewing this thread