5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone know on a 2019 Ram 1500 equipped with air suspension what the air tank operating PSI is?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wondering if I can tap train horns into it?

Also, it's supposed to be a closed system with Nitrogen.

You can do a search as a member put in a very elaborate air system in place of his spare last year. Lots of pics and details.

bchepa

Reaction score
Thank you, it was a thought, i saw the tank about the spare tire area. I just put the Hornblaster kit in, but it had to be turned sideways because of the location of the air suspension tank.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FROM THE 2019 RAM 1500 (DT) SERVICE MANUAL

WARNING:
All pressurized air suspension components contain high pressure air (up to 220 psig). Use extreme caution when inspecting for leaks. Wear safety goggles and adequate protective clothing when inspecting or servicing the air suspension system. A sudden release of air under this amount of pressure can cause possible serious or fatal injury.

WARNING:
Before performing any service on the air suspension system, the system must be disabled to prevent the system from changing ride height. Before any given component is to be serviced it must be deflated. Servicing the air suspension system without the system disabled, or with pressure in any specific component, can cause possible serious or fatal injury.

CAUTION:
Never introduce any foreign material into the air suspension system. Only use nitrogen with a Purity Class 5 (99.999% pure). The use of any other material may result in component damage.

I think this answers all of your questions.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram DT 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 021477 miles.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thank you, it was a thought, i saw the tank about the spare tire area. I just put the Hornblaster kit in, but it had to be turned sideways because of the location of the air suspension tank.
Which hornblasters kit did you use? I plan on doing this too? Any pics of install? Did you install it yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread