5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone else have this?

2021REBEL

Reaction score
I noticed these few things the day I picked up my truck. Anyone else have anything similar on theirs? There is a few little like raised spots of the paint on my hood. I attached a photo of one of the bigger ones.

a3819197352e9428fc18098cd1e62bb4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
6f3ec49c18282c230c7bc2aef1fed9c6.jpg

92efe4a3bd7816989e98ad7863d3c862.jpg

Last edited:

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I can't tell what I'm looking at, but the paint on my hood looks perfect, well factory perfect.

Jasonml24

Reaction score
I’ve found a few on my 19 that I traded in and have noticed a couple on my 21. I’m no body guy, but from talking to a few buddies that know more than I do, they claim it’s probably dirt or a foreign particle that gets on the body part before it gets painted. Take that for what it’s worth because like I said I’m no expert.

2021REBEL

Reaction score
I’ve found a few on my 19 that I traded in and have noticed a couple on my 20. I’m no body guy, but from talking to a few buddies that know more than I do, they claim it’s probably dirt or a foreign particle that gets on the body part before it gets painted. Take that for what it’s worth because like I said I’m no expert.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for the insight!

JBV

Reaction score
would the paint booths not be perfectly free from contamination of any kind? you would think it would be a 'foreign particle' free environment.

2021REBEL

Reaction score
would the paint booths not be perfectly free from contamination of any kind? you would think it would be a 'foreign particle' free environment.

That’s why I am very confused as to why this happened.

Jasonml24

Reaction score
Without ever really seeing the process in person, I’d say it’s probably a pretty clean environment, but with that being said it wouldn’t take much to get a little something in the air that could make its way into the booth. Considering the size of these trucks, I’ve only found a couple of these on my last two trucks, so I’d say they do a good job of keeping things pretty clean.

2021REBEL

Reaction score
Without ever really seeing the process in person, I’d say it’s probably a pretty clean environment, but with that being said it wouldn’t take much to get a little something in the air that could make its way into the booth. Considering the size of these trucks, I’ve only found a couple of these on my last two trucks, so I’d say they do a good job of keeping things pretty clean.

Do you think the dealership or warranty could do anything about it? Or just sucks with my luck of the draw.

Jasonml24

Reaction score
Do you think the dealership or warranty could do anything about it? Or just sucks with my luck of the draw.

You could mention it to them and see what their response is. A body guy might be able to buff the spots out. Maybe somebody on here will read this and have some better insight for you. It does suck when you find a flaw on a brand new vehicle. I have terrible Ocd about my vehicles so I feel your disappointment lol.

2021REBEL

Reaction score
You could mention it to them and see what their response is. A body guy might be able to buff the spots out. Maybe somebody on here will read this and have some better insight for you. It does suck when you find a flaw on a brand new vehicle. I have terrible Ocd about my vehicles so I feel your disappointment lol.

Okay yeah for sure, thanks so much for your info and insight! Yes lol I am extremely ocd, the truck door panel has like a scuff which is annoying too. Not super happy but I love the truck. I’m just too much of a perfectionist lol.

Jasonml24

Reaction score
Okay yeah for sure, thanks so much for your info and insight! Yes lol I am extremely ocd, the truck door panel has like a scuff which is annoying too. Not super happy but I love the truck. I’m just too much of a perfectionist lol.

I know exactly how you feel. This is my 2nd new generation Ram and I couldn’t be happier with it. Enjoy your new ride!

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've seen this sort of thing on every car I've ever owned, a spec of dust hit the truck while it was being painted/clear coated. A paint correction fixes most of these.

2021REBEL

Reaction score
I've seen this sort of thing on every car I've ever owned, a spec of dust hit the truck while it was being painted/clear coated. A paint correction fixes most of these.

Okay, thanks for the insight! I talked to the dealer and they said they can look and see if they can get it approved for it to be sent to the body shop to get fixed

2021REBEL

Reaction score
I found two of them by my driver door yesterday. Wasn’t happy about it but oh well.

Yeah, oh well. Still such gorgeous trucks… they’re barely noticeable to a blind eye.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
It definitely looks like some dust got on the hood after it was prepped for paint

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, oh well. Still such gorgeous trucks… they’re barely noticeable to a blind eye.

Yup still gorgeous trucks. I also found that my headliner wasn’t installed correctly. It has a big’o crease on the backside of it.

Users who are viewing this thread