5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone carry a jumpstart pack?

RBJ

Reaction score
I received my truck earlier than expected and had to leave on a month long vacation a week after receiving it. Having read about the Rams electrical fussiness, I installed a Battery Tender brand battery maintainer. Having multiple vehicles and not driving some for extended periods I've been using them on other vehicles for years.
Even the manual says iif the truck will not be started for a while to disconnect the battery. I find it easier to plug it in.

View attachment 154207
I owned a GMC Denali and now have a 2021 RAM with Hemi V8 eTorque and own two Battery Tenders which have worked flawlessly for years. Both vehicles, if left garaged for 5 days or more would experience battery drain, prohibiting starting them. As a result, not wanting to risk overcharging, believing “simple is best” I use this model available at Amazon for $52.86:
Battery Tender Plus Charger and Maintainer: Automatic 12V Powersports Battery Charger and Maintainer for Motorcycle, ATVs, and More - 12 Volt, 1.25 Amp Battery Chargers - 022-0185G-DL-WH

Curlymurt

Reaction score
My wife and I both carry one as of this past winter. Her original 2019 battery died when we were out of town. My battery died the previous year, left me up the creek without a paddle. Then the new one died this past year... Obviously warrantied, but that doesn't help if you can't get to the store. For the price, I bought the DeWalt from Home Depot. It's obviously just branded DeWalt and not built by them, but I've used it to start a golf cart and tractor more than once in the 6 months that I've had it. It offers more than one or two start opportunities if needed. We won't drive without them now, especially in the winter.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought the Halo Bolt. Reviews looked pretty good.

HALO Bolt 58830 mWh Portable Phone Laptop Charger Car Jump Starter with AC Outlet and Car Charger - Black Graphite https://a.co/d/11bxWOa

Users who are viewing this thread