5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone carry a jumpstart pack?

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve only seen the GBX150 mentioned in this thread & the size of it next to a laptop seems reasonable - might still fit in the floor bins? Has anyone else ever tried any of the other GBX models?

Attachments

• 6CDCFF69-DBC7-477E-8EA0-D6C577AF33CA.png
    6CDCFF69-DBC7-477E-8EA0-D6C577AF33CA.png
    264.3 KB · Views: 40

jljbtm

Reaction score
I have this one it was a gift and it has started 2 batteries that went dead overnight because the dome light stayed on and it will chargew your phone and other gadgets.https://www.amazon.com/Andeman-Battery-Starter-20000mAh-Diesel/dp/B0BDDP8R54/ref=asc_df_B0BDDP8R54/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=632116032901&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12525500064336190777&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9015350&hvtargid=pla-1881940117338&th=1

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That isn't the GB40 unit. That video uses the GBX155 which is huge. The GB40 is what a lot of people recommend in this thread, and it was one of the worst performing jump starters.
Well i saw a pair of test videos on the gb40 in extreme cold and I calculated they got about 8 jumps. No diesels from what i remember. So i figure no extreme weather here in CA and plus recommnedations from here, it would be good enought for me.
And it was on sale when i got it.
At the rate the oem batteries die, it will be a year and a few months from now when i will find out if it dissapoints. Also got a hulkman together with the noco. Also on sale

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well i saw a pair of test videos on the gb40 in extreme cold and I calculated they got about 8 jumps. No diesels from what i remember. So i figure no extreme weather here in CA and plus recommnedations from here, it would be good enought for me.
At the rate the oem batteries die, it will be a year and a few months from now when i will find out if it dissapoints. Also got a hulkman together with the noco. Also on sale
It barely cranked the gas engine in the video at room temp.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It barely cranked the gas engine in the video at room temp.

I'm not sure what was going on with the GB40 Project Farm tested, maybe it was a bad unit. I think @jl13 was referencing this this video. He jumped 6 cars, ranging from 4 cylinder gas/diesels to a 6 cylinder gas engine. All batteries were completely dead and temps in the single digits. He also has a video jumping an old POS Chevy Silverado with a V8 with a dead battery when his GB40 had a 50% charge. I like how thorough PF is with his testing, but the top 3 battery packs he tested have sketchy reliability. 2 were taken down from Amazon for a while.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure what was going on with the GB40 Project Farm tested, maybe it was a bad unit. I think @jl13 was referencing this this video. He jumped 6 cars, ranging from 4 cylinder gas/diesels to a 6 cylinder gas engine. All batteries were completely dead and temps in the single digits. He also has a video jumping an old POS Chevy Silverado with a V8 with a dead battery when his GB40 had a 50% charge. I like how thorough PF is with his testing, but the top 3 battery packs he tested have sketchy reliability. 2 were taken down from Amazon for a while.
So the one PF tested could be a bad unit, or could just be an average unit. Maybe the one in other video got a rare good unit. It seems most of these ithium julo starters are hit or miss. I've used mine to start my ATV, my step son's 5.0l Chevy truckz and my sister's V6 Chevy Malibu

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So the one PF tested could be a bad unit, or could just be an average unit. Maybe the one in other video got a rare good unit. It seems most of these ithium julo starters are hit or miss. I've used mine to start my ATV, my step son's 5.0l Chevy truckz and my sister's V6 Chevy Malibu

Yep, that's possible but the amount of good reviews on the GB40 favor it being more than capable of starting our trucks. I've only had to jumpstart one vehicle in the last 15-20 years, so I may never find out.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea that is one of the videos. I will report back on my unit when ever it gets put to the test

Jorangel87

Reaction score
I have the noco GB40 and it’s been great my ram battery took a dump only after 2 years and the noco saved me in the middle of nowhere, but then I replaced my battery with an AGM battery. Great battery for all the accessories and gadgets my kids run in the truck.

country4life

Reaction score
I have the noco GB40 and it’s been great my ram battery took a dump only after 2 years and the noco saved me in the middle of nowhere, but then I replaced my battery with an AGM battery. Great battery for all the accessories and gadgets my kids run in the truck.
What kind of battery did you replace it with

anewby67

Reaction score
Hi I’m wondering what’s a good jump start pack to carry with me as I’m doing some travelling and in some areas there isn’t phone service and these trucks have a lot of electronics to power so in case of a dead battery I’m looking for a good jump starter to keep in the truck in case
Of a dead battery

This is the one I purchased! Ended up dead in the water at HomeDepot and it actually started my truck out of the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Jensen

Reaction score
This is the one I purchased! Ended up dead in the water at HomeDepot and it actually started my truck out of the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What engine were you jump starting?

piper618

Reaction score
I have Halo Bolt in all my vehicles and it has come in handy many times. I also ways have someone asked since I have a truck can I jump them? I pull out my Halo Bolt and they look at me light what is this guy doing this wouldn't start my car. Once I hook it up and tell them to try it well the shock that comes over them. Next they are taking a picture of the Halo Bolt so they can purchase themselves.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Add another vote for the GB40. Battery was so drained the interior lights wouldn't come on, and the GB40 had sat in the truck for 9 months after initially charging it. Truck started right up. I now charge them every 6 months just for peace of mind.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got a chance to help a strager at a public parking lot. Small suv. Hulkman 6.5 did the job without issues. Still read 100% afterwards
Haven't yet tested the gb40 i got at the same time as the hulkman last year blk friday

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I received my truck earlier than expected and had to leave on a month long vacation a week after receiving it. Having read about the Rams electrical fussiness, I installed a Battery Tender brand battery maintainer. Having multiple vehicles and not driving some for extended periods I've been using them on other vehicles for years.
Even the manual says iif the truck will not be started for a while to disconnect the battery. I find it easier to plug it in.

Screenshot_20230310_064756_Ram.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread