5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does a 2024 standard 1500 accept bumper hitch?

JeffSki

Reaction score
Just want to know if a standard 2024 1500 will have the hole in the bumper to accept a ball. I’m looking to rent one and I’m guessing they remove the receiver. I’m only gonna be pulling 1k lbs. thanks

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just want to know if a standard 2024 1500 will have the hole in the bumper to accept a ball. I’m looking to rent one and I’m guessing they remove the receiver. I’m only gonna be pulling 1k lbs. thanks
If the hole isn't there, it's just a plug that you can remove to bolt a ball on.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why would you guess they would remove the receiver? I've rented several pickups and all had a factory receiver installed.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why would you guess they would remove the receiver? I've rented several pickups and all had a factory receiver installed.
On the newer models, the receiver hitch is an option with the towing package. Many, even up to Rebel don't have it as a standard feature anymore.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the newer models, the receiver hitch is an option with the towing package. Many, even up to Rebel don't have it as a standard feature anymore.

Not coming with a receiver is different than the rental place removing the receiver.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not coming with a receiver is different than the rental place removing the receiver.
I took it as he meant RAM removed it. You can't just remove the factory receiver as it's an integral part of the rear bumper support

JeffSki

Reaction score
So are we sure a 2024 has the option to remove a plastic piece and it has a hole?

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last year my friend was given a new Chevy Silverado as a loaner while his Tundra was in for service. Crew cab less than 5k miles. No hitch receiver.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last year my friend was given a new Chevy Silverado as a loaner while his Tundra was in for service. Crew cab less than 5k miles. No hitch receiver.

I was responding to the OPs comment that someone remove the hitch; not a truck that never had one. My 2003 Ram also did not have a hitch, but no one removed it.

Users who are viewing this thread