5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge reputation

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Dealer said you have to bring it in every 5 years for a Powertrain Inspection. The Fine Print says
within 60 Days of the in-service date. I was a couple months past this when I brought it in. It actually
Passed the inspection then. As always, anything they can use to Deny or Void the Warranty.

Malodave
I saw the exact same issue arise with one of my son's absolutely beautiful 2008 Daytona Charger that he kept in pristine condition. He missed taking it in for the 5 year inspection by a couple of months whereupon Anchorage Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram politely explained he missed the window and his lifetime powertrain warranty was gone.

In order to maintain the Lifetime Powertrain Limited Warranty, the person or entity covered by this Powertrain Limited Warranty must have a powertrain inspection performed by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge, or Jeep dealer once every 5 years. This inspection will be performed at no charge. The inspection must be made within sixty (60) days of each 5 year anniversary of the in-service date of the vehicle. You must have the inspection performed to continue this coverage.

Attachments

• chrysler-lifetime-warranty.pdf
    26.3 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread