5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DODGE RAM 1500 SCREAMER AGGRESSOR QTEC ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS

Chris71704

Reaction score
Checking to see if anyone has any information on these or using one?

I am looking to upgrade my exhaust with a Carven but I want to be able to control it. I leave the house pretty early and come in late at night but we also use the rebel more then any other vehicle we own. I want something that's got good sound but not too loud when the kids are in the truck or if I am heading to a business meeting.
Ram exhaust cutout.jpg

Any help would be great!

Bighorned

Reaction score
welcome, the sound from the Carven would still be the same. All the cutout would do is simulate no muffler when you open it as it goes before the Carven.

Chris71704

Reaction score
welcome, the sound from the Carven would still be the same. All the cutout would do is simulate no muffler when you open it as it goes before the Carven.
Yeah, thats what Im loking for. That way if I am leaving my house at 4:00am or coming back at 11pm, I can hit the switch and make it sound stock. All other times would be open to the Carven unless all 5 of us are in the truck driving around town.

Just wondering if anyone has used one

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, thats what Im loking for. That way if I am leaving my house at 4:00am or coming back at 11pm, I can hit the switch and make it sound stock. All other times would be open to the Carven unless all 5 of us are in the truck driving around town.

It sounds more like what you're looking for is OEM exhaust + Carven Exhaust; what you'd need is something like the diagram below... unless you're looking for Carven + "No Exhaust".. which is what that cutout is above.

I've been toying with this idea and might try it when I make time to plug in my welder - simply - OEM Exhaust stays and I can switch it to dump before the exhaust (but into the pipes out back)

EDIT - Search "QTP Cutout" on Youtube or here - that's what that cutout does / sounds like

Bighorned

Reaction score
Yeah, it would not sound stock because if you replace your stock muffler with the carven then when the cut out is closed it would route out the back using the carven muffler. Now, if you put the carven attached to the cutout and kept the stock muffler then I guess that would work. Lots of pipe fabrication though.

Chris71704

Reaction score
It sounds more like what you're looking for is OEM exhaust + Carven Exhaust; what you'd need is something like the diagram below... unless you're looking for Carven + "No Exhaust".. which is what that cutout is above.

I've been toying with this idea and might try it when I make time to plug in my welder - simply - OEM Exhaust stays and I can switch it to dump before the exhaust (but into the pipes out back)

EDIT - Search "QTP Cutout" on Youtube or here - that's what that cutout does / sounds like

Thats the exact one I was looking at so I thought I would check here. I thought I could replace my OEM muffler with the Carven R-Series and add the QTP cutout and control it with the wireless remote. Have it bypass the carven when needing it to and open it up to the carven when wanting the sound.

I didn't realize it is set up different then that. I guess I'll have to do a little more research.

Users who are viewing this thread