5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodge launching electric muscle car in 2024

BNeal

Reaction score
"Kuniskis said Dodge had reached the limits of performance with its V8 engines and that it has an "obligation to embrace" electrification for its customers."

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It may look like a muscle car, and be fast like a muscle car, but it won't sound like a muscle car. For me, a muscle car is about the experience. And part of that experience is the rumble and roar of the engine. There's a reason so many people spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on exhaust systems. I'm sure people will buy them, because it will be fast. But I won't define it as a muscle car. Every definition of a muscle car I've ever seen includes the words powerful engine, not powerful electric motor(s).

Okay, I'm done now. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
0 to 60 in 2 seconds. That kind of quickness requires expletives to explain.

Maybe muscle car isn't the right term. I think of muscle cars as having brute force power, often without the equivalent levels of handling and finesse...characteristics reserved for sports cars, supercars, and hypercars. Based on that formula (i.e. ridiculous power, a bit unrefined), I could see Dodge building an "electric muscle car".

And sure, it will sound different. Not necessarily bad (a set of motors winding up is kind of cool in the same way that superchargers sound awesome). But the guttural experience of a low-end rumble is hard to forget and impossible to replicate. So I'd go the other way...embrace the "gear whine" and make the motors scream.

Regardless of where you stand, this will be another project to watch.

blazenlo

Reaction score
tenor.gif

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It may look like a muscle car, and be fast like a muscle car, but it won't sound like a muscle car. For me, a muscle car is about the experience. And part of that experience is the rumble and roar of the engine. There's a reason so many people spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on exhaust systems. I'm sure people will buy them, because it will be fast. But I won't define it as a muscle car. Every definition of a muscle car I've ever seen includes the words powerful engine, not powerful electric motor(s).

Okay, I'm done now. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Agreed, smell sound and feel (experience) are all super tied into the term muscle car for me.

Hopefully they keep the gassers going too for as long as possible instead of shifting over to that fully earlier than necessary.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
In reality, the acceleration of higher performance EVs will be close to the same, regardless of it's a Tesla crossover or a hypercar, or in this case a muscle car. Whereas on the Porsche Taycan they can really make a difference in the handling aspects of the car say vs. a similar accelerating Tesla.

But as mention, a huge part of the fun is the noise and character a motor has. That will be missed with going electric, but it's the whole World heading that way, or more specifically World governments demanding it.

Users who are viewing this thread