5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do your windows fog up when going through a car wash

gencon

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram Limited and a 2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker.
Any time I try to go through a car wash, the windows fog up. I even tried full defrost on both vehicles, but the fog up so bad, you have to roll down the side windows to drive out of the way. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to defrost and go away.
It did happen in my Ford F150, but switching to defrost kept it from occurring . Just thought I'd ask and see if anyone else experienced this.

I just wash it by hand now.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In your limited, what's the climate control set to? I leave my Laramie on 72 auto all the time and I have not had this problem.

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
I’ve never used an automatic car wash, but can contest to I’ve never had a front window of a truck fog up as much as my 2019 RAM. I know it’s humid in the Midwest, however it seems like more times then they should when my windows and sunroof are open the front window has fog on it. Not much of an air conditioning guy so my climate control is usually not on during the summer.
FYI -I’m not one of those guys that complains about my truck on every post either. I absolutely love it and wouldn’t trade it for another one on the road. I’ve learned to just deal with it.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Any time I try to go through a car wash, the windows fog up. I even tried full defrost on both vehicles, but the fog up so bad, you have to roll down the side windows to drive out of the way. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to defrost and go away.

Just thought I'd ask and see if anyone else experienced this.
I’ve not had this happen on any of my vehicles. Is it specific to one car wash?

Users who are viewing this thread