5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

do you still mod-if your under the manufacture 36 BTB and 60 PT warranty?

RAM5

Reaction score
I’m curious to know. I was thinking about doing a few mods, however my 2019 new body style Ram is still under the 36K BTB and I have the 60k ( also purchased the manufacturer extended PT for a total of 5 yrs or 100k) warranty.

RAM5

Reaction score
good To know.
thanks!
I’m kinda afraid if I start adding some mods To my truck that I install and not the dealership. I will have issues when the time comes that my truck needs warranty work related or not related to the mods I install...would my truck Manufacture warranty be voided?...

like I mentioned ..I curious. haven’t done any mods yet but i would love to do so at some point.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mugnuson Moss Warranty act is your friend. Mod away.

Firebird

Reaction score
I also have a very good relationship with my dealer

RAM5

Reaction score
I also have a very good relationship with my dealer
Well, I’m not at that point with my dealership yet..and not sure if I will ever be...maybe time to find another dealership for my oil changes, tire rotations and fluids topped off

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m not familiar with that warranty...please explain or can I look it up online?

Magnusson is not a warranty but a law passed that prevents warranties from being voided if you mod your truck with most street legal mods designed for your truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAM5

Reaction score
Magnusson is not a warranty but a law passed that prevents warranties from being voided if you mod your truck with most street legal mods designed for your truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. I did locate that document online...interesting rea.

Users who are viewing this thread