5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you recommend the factory 4 corner air suspension?

harpo

Reaction score
I am in the market for a 5th gen Ram 1500. Do you recommend the factory 4 corner air suspension? What problems have you had with it? If I don't get the factory version, I will probably get airbags in back to level my truck when it is loaded. I have Firestone airbags on my 15 F150 and they have worked well.

harpo

Reaction score
Note: I am not planning on leveling or lifting my new truck.

CanRebel

Reaction score
I have it with my 2021 Rebel.
I off-road a lot with it, haven't broken it yet.
I usually keep it in aero mode when driving on highway.

I haven't had issue yet. I know other's complained about issue in cold, but those were older models.
So far, it's only been -10c for short time, haven't had any issues.

One thing I dislike about it. When I have it in off-road, it will lower itself if I go more than 30KM, very annoying.
Only have 6500 KM with 3800 KM of that off-roading.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am in the market for a 5th gen Ram 1500. Do you recommend the factory 4 corner air suspension? What problems have you had with it? If I don't get the factory version, I will probably get airbags in back to level my truck when it is loaded. I have Firestone airbags on my 15 F150 and they have worked well.
Please search for existing threads on this subject, as there are many opinions. I’ve personally had no issues over the past 3+ years and would purchase it again.

bvigne01

Reaction score
I've had one or two times when it wouldn't go up or down. Even restarting didn't fix it. It just started working again on its own. It's good for small kids because it makes it easier for them to get in and out. Once they grow up I'll go back to the standard suspension. My 4th gen with standard spring suspension road so much better than the 5th gen air suspension.

40Mopar

Reaction score
Harpo I have a 2014 Limited with the Eco Diesel my truck is in North East Wisconsin and travels between the UP of Michigan and home. I have the 4 corner air suspension and love it, especially with my fully loaded snowmobile trailer or hauling my boat. I really like how it levels out the load. It works great in the coldest of days or just driving down the highway never had a problem. Its a great ride. I have 95,000 miles on it and ordered my new 2022 with it. I know some guys are worried about it and say it will beak down. I was a bit worried when I first ordered it but I have had no issues and very happy I have it.

Reverse

Reaction score
2020 Limited. Love the air suspension. No problems so far (70,000 miles). Even smoother ride than regular suspension. Also like how I can raise truck when I'm going off pavement, and how I can lower it to the ground when I am washing and detailing it. Finally, when I have a heavier load in the bed I am not blinding traffic since the truck keeps itself level.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I opted out of air ride twice because the truck rides so smoothly on coils, but I would not hesitate to get one with air if I wanted it.

Users who are viewing this thread