5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do You Left-Foot Brake Off-Road?

DavidNJ

Reaction score
I ran into this video which seems to indicate it has as much of an advantage off-road as it has on the racetrack.

TimG

Reaction score
It comes in handy in especially rocky terrain, and when going downhill over sketchy areas. Other than that, I don't have a preference or see a difference.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Our trucks will auto brake when it detects loss of traction with one wheel, but the other aspects of the video still apply.

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
What is that sound 1:11 ??
Some time i hear it on my truck

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is that sound 1:11 ??
Some time i hear it on my truck
That's just the break pads slipping on the rotor while pressure is being applied. Cuz they want to stick but the drivetrain power is more powerful than the breaking system. I think that's the sound that you are referring to?

Bo3liwe

Reaction score
That's just the break pads slipping on the rotor while pressure is being applied. Cuz they want to stick but the drivetrain power is more powerful than the breaking system. I think that's the sound that you are referring to?
Thank you my bro

Swayze

Reaction score
I know I do, but I “cut my teeth” on manual transmission Jeeps offroad, so I have some (probably bad) habits already....

ZombieSlayer

Reaction score
I've been left foot braking for 20 years now, on and off of the trails. On really long trips it is easier on the calves ;)

canative

Reaction score
I left brake all the time. Learned that way many years ago. People always ask, how about when you have to drive a manual? No problem. Been driving so many years doesn't matter if manual or auto.

RamSco

Reaction score
I think you spelled ‘clutch’ wrong... B0EF8E39-E6B8-4629-BB59-E51B3D8C902A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread