5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you know what this is?

mtjag

Reaction score
I just returned from a short trip and found this at the rear of my truck. I don't know what it is but appears to be some kind of plug. On the end cap it says Lock and Unlock.
tempImageKd6qAk.jpg

mtjag

Reaction score
Kind of looks like part of a hitch receiver pin lock.
It does indeed. I have one, but all the pieces are in place. It may be from someone else's coupler and just resurfaced in our rock driveway.

mtjag

Reaction score
^^

^^

Probably but a coin, bill or watch for scale is customary.
I should have done that. Thanks for the suggestion. It's about 1/2" round and does look like an end piece of a coupler, though I don't have one like that.

Ratchet

Reaction score
As mentioned above, need a few more photos. That almost looks like carbon buildup on the shaft of it. Got any riding mowers or powersport toys?

Last edited:

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As mentioned above, need a few more photos. That almost looks like carbon buildup on the shaft of it. Got any riding mowers or powersport toys?
Or oily dirt. And looks like part of it might be threaded(?) And maybe a nylon washer on it(?) If it screws, how is it a lock? Maybe a thumbscrew for something. Rambox have anything like that? Or maybe some kind of rack or rail system?

mtjag

Reaction score
I think I figured out what it is, but not how it got here. It's part of a coupler lock for a trailer. However, the only one I have is in tack so not sure how it got into my driveway. Sorry for the goose chase, but thanks to all for your replies.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I figured out what it is, but not how it got here. It's part of a coupler lock for a trailer. However, the only one I have is in tack so not sure how it got into my driveway. Sorry for the goose chase, but thanks to all for your replies.
I'm always up for "what izzit" or "liars club". Might have kicked up from a tire to top of a frame rail or spare, then fell off when you bounced to a stop.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For sure.

Screenshot_20230331-211527.png

Sportznut

Reaction score
What's a henway? About 10#?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread