5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you have a Backcountry? I have questions for you! :)

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking at picking up a Backcountry fairly well equipped. I love the look of the Rebel without the cost of one. As I do not plan on using the off road skills of the truck. I am going to be ordering one and the dealer told that that they could get it with the LED headlight upgrade, which was a surprise to me. I was in the office when he was able to click the button spacing it. Anyone else have LED lights? Also, I had to add blind spot monitoring separate. Of all the additional safety measures, that is the one I think I would appreciate the most. Anything you wished you spec'd with yours but didnt?

Mathis35

Reaction score
You can see mine in my sig, can't speak from first hand experience yet though. It should arrive to the dealer next week though. Only thing I have second thoughs about was not getting the 12 inch screen, but that's mostly because I haven't been able to find a screen protector for the 8.4 inch lol.

I've seen/sat in one at a local dealership and everything feels premium in it for sure.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've found a few protectors for the 8.4". I have had a couple of Jeeps with the same screen and never had a scratch end up on them though. Better safe than sorry I supppose! My 4xe has the 8.4 and I think I would prefer it over the 12". I like physical buttons and it has always done everything I need. The $2000 extra seemed pretty speedy for just the screen. Thats just my opinion those as I know others would really want the screen.

My build would be very similar to yours minus the sunroof and bigger fuel tank. I was hoping to take advantage of locking in the low lease rate but my dealer said they cannot lock in rates on special orders. :(

Mathis35

Reaction score
I've found a few protectors for the 8.4". I have had a couple of Jeeps with the same screen and never had a scratch end up on them though. Better safe than sorry I supppose! My 4xe has the 8.4 and I think I would prefer it over the 12". I like physical buttons and it has always done everything I need. The $2000 extra seemed pretty speedy for just the screen. Thats just my opinion those as I know others would really want the screen.

My build would be very similar to yours minus the sunroof and bigger fuel tank. I was hoping to take advantage of locking in the low lease rate but my dealer said they cannot lock in rates on special orders. :(
Yeah I get that. That's the main reason I opted for the 8.4 was the physical buttons. If you're looking for the best deal, order thru Aaron at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles, LA. There are a couple others that are offering deals well below invoice pricing. I'm getting 1% below invoice from a local dealer on mine.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. My local dealer is right at invoice so I will see if I can do a little better if not I will work on a using a broker as I know they can get me 11% under invoice, but when I add shipping the vehicle it comes out pretty close to invoice.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish the Sport hood that is on the Rebel and Laramie Sport came on this Backcountry. As I look at it, it is hard to tell if if had the same profile minus the vents. Does that sound right?

fifdynutz

Reaction score
The profile of the sport hood is a little different, has more of a concentrated cowl section. I have a sport hood waiting to go on my backcountry that just arrived this weekend. I'll get some pics of it all once i get the truck done

RyanSh

Reaction score
Do the heavier duty shocks make the ride stiffer in the Backcountry? I really like the Backcountry package, but don't plan to do any off-roading beyond maybe a dirt road.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I dont own a Backcountry yet...mine is on order, but I have test driven one Backcountry and several with the Off Road package and Rebels. All had shocks vs air suspension. Some were new and some were used. I thought the ride was really nice and did not seem harsh at all. If anything I felt the Off Road shocks were a better ride due to firmness. It really was hard to tell.

Mathis35

Reaction score
Do the heavier duty shocks make the ride stiffer in the Backcountry? I really like the Backcountry package, but don't plan to do any off-roading beyond maybe a dirt road.
Ride is outstanding. Don't really have much to compare it to. It rides better than my wife's cx5 and better than the Malibu I traded in on it. Haven't done much offloading yet unless you count donuts in a snowy field lol

Lacky

Reaction score
I got a backcountry last week. Came from 4th gen with air suspension. Backcountry drive so much smoother that the 4th gen.

The only thing I wish I got was the sport hood. One day I'll probably get one though.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Love my back country. I opted out from the led package, because with that $1k savings I got other goodies, like rambox and pano roof.

I figured that I’m going aftermarket with the headlights and tail lights, and I knew I would pay more later. My thought process was that I can upgrade the headlights/tail lights…but I can’t upgrade to a ram box or aftermarket pano sunroof.

2022 Ram 1500 Back Country
2016 Dodge Charger scat pack
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (wife)

Users who are viewing this thread