5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Sirius Subscriptions Convey?

fxdrider

Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn Sport used, from a Chevrolet dealership. The original window sticker from the factory indicates that in addition to the Uconnect 4C - 8.4" display, the truck came with several Sirius services, as listed:

Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4–Inch Display $795
5–Year SiriusXM® Traffic Service
HD Radio®
1–Year SiriusXM® Guardian Service
SiriusXM® Traffic Plus
SiriusXM® Travel Link 5–Year Travel Link Sub

My question is - do these services transfer to me as the 2nd owner of the vehicle? Or do they die when the original owner transfers the vehicle?
If they do transfer, I'm guessing I'd have to register somewhere. Anyone know how I would do that?

Thanks.

McBroom

Reaction score
No they don't... I don't think so anyway. I'd call seriously and see though. Or maybe the website

Black 20 Ram

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can call SiriusXM and transfer any trial services left over. You just can't start them over as the "new owner".

The 1-year trial for the radio (SiriusXM All-Access) and Guardian are most likely done but you can get the remainder of the Travel Link and Traffic trial.

If you had a contract in your last vehicle (if you sold or traded it for the RAM) you can have that transferred over to your new-to-you RAM.

They are always offering deals for subscriptions so don't pay full price if you want to start service. I renewed my satellite radio for $60 for a year ($72 after taxes and fees) for the Select package. You can get the All-Access package for $100 for a year (~$125 after taxes and fees).

Just be careful when you do. Once they have your credit card on file they will automatically start charging you the full monthly price once your deal is up, which is way more. Just call shortly before the deal is up and tell them you are thinking of cancelling and they should offer you a deal for another year.

Last edited:

LakesAZ

Reaction score
You can call SiriusXM and transfer any trial services left over. You just can't start them over as the "new owner".

The 1-year trial for the radio (SiriusXM All-Access) and Guardian are most likely done but you can get the remainder of the Travel Link and Traffic trial.

If you had a contract in your last vehicle (if you sold or traded it for the RAM) you can have that transferred over to your new-to-you RAM.

They are always offering deals for subscriptions so don't pay full price if you want to start service. I renewed my satellite radio for $60 for a year ($72 after taxes and fees) for the Select package. You can get the All-Access package for $100 for a year (~$125 after taxes and fees).

Just be careful when you do. Once they have your credit card on file they will automatically start charging you the full monthly price once your deal is up, which is way more. Just call shortly before the deal is up and tell them you are thinking of cancelling and they should offer you a deal for another year.
I agree, never pay full price for the music service. I have be using the call and cancel routine since 2011 and every year that make me a deal I can't refuse to stay.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is my first foray into satellite radio and I didn't know if I'd like it...but I do.

I don't do much streaming audio so I didn't have an established routine before getting this truck. Plus I lose cell service when I'm off-roading in the desert.

As difficult as it is to deal with SiriusXM customer service i can't complain for what I get for $6/month.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would rather pay $10 per month for Apple Music and listen to what I want when I want!
That's the best part. There are so many options out there that everyone can be happy.

I will never use an Apple service because of iTunes. I had nothing but trouble and frustration with it "back in the day". I finally gave up on Apple services and never looked back. The free Pandora is fine for my needs.

If I stayed on the roads I might be singing a different tune but when I run out of cell service in the middle of nowhere I still have my satellite radio and 16GB thumb drive.

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
I just did this recently, and you don’t even have to call anymore! I had waited until I was really cutting it close on my free trial, and they gave me the $5/mo deal (which it sounds like you have, too). When that deal was set to expire, I logged in and selected ‘cancel my service’, the next prompt was ‘why?’, so I selected ‘too expensive’, and they just offered me the $5/mo deal for another year. Was dreading a 45 minute push-and-pull call with customer service.. this was WAY better!

Users who are viewing this thread