5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I need the anti spin rear differential?

mvfjet

Reaction score
Hey guys first post here. I found a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L 4x4 crew cab short bed in Granite Crystal that is enroute to the dealer I'm hoping to purchase from. This thing is perfectly optioned like I want it aka no options besides what I just listed. The only thing missing is the anti spin differential. My question is will I miss this locking differential for the yearly trip to the snow? I live in California so I don't have to worry about snow ever. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys first post here. I found a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7L 4x4 crew cab short bed in Granite Crystal that is enroute to the dealer I'm hoping to purchase from. This thing is perfectly optioned like I want it aka no options besides what I just listed. The only thing missing is the anti spin differential. My question is will I miss this locking differential for the yearly trip to the snow? I live in California so I don't have to worry about snow ever. Thanks for any input.

You’ll have auto 4WD and traction control to help...I wouldn’t sweat it if it’s a good deal.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nah, you’re good. I live in Rhode Island and didn’t have any problems in the snow without anti-spin.

wwalljr

Reaction score
Don’t worry. I live in frozen ND where it’s snowy and slick all the time for 6+ months. I don’t have it. Haven’t had it on last couple trucks. I use 4auto most of the time. No problems.

mvfjet

Reaction score
Sweet. Thanks. Yea this dealer has all their Laramies (about 50 of them) listed at $9500 off plus the $3200 cash rebate. It's about $49,500 MSRP so going by my previous car purchases I'll be at about $41,500 OTD after 9.5% sales tax and almost 1.5% in registration fees. Seems like a killer deal and the sales guy didn't try and lie to get me at the dealer by telling me "it's here come and get it" lol. I've been lied to before.

Users who are viewing this thread