5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I Always Have to Endure Hot Air out of the Vents?

BobW

Reaction score
2019 Ram 2500/Hemi/Sport/4X4 - the beautiful Spring weather has arrived but my Ram only blows hot air out of the vents - I have not put an instant read thermometer in the airlfow but if it's 50-60F outside, the air coming from the vents is over 75. The only way to cool the truck is to shut down the fan to "0" and open the windows or run the A/C. Dealer says - "OPERATING AS DESIGNED/OUTSIDE AIR FLOWS THROUGH HVAC HOUSING NEXT TO HEATER CORE GENERATING WARMER AIR OUT VENTS/ REC USING AIR CONDITIONER/NO REPAIR AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME"

If true - this is a pretty poor design on a truck that already gets low gas mileage - having to run the A/C when it's 65 degrees out is silly. Anyone else have this problem or resolved this issue?

Thanks

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can use the recirculated air button without needing A/C. It will stop the air flow

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2019 Ram 2500/Hemi/Sport/4X4 - the beautiful Spring weather has arrived but my Ram only blows hot air out of the vents - I have not put an instant read thermometer in the airlfow but if it's 50-60F outside, the air coming from the vents is over 75. The only way to cool the truck is to shut down the fan to "0" and open the windows or run the A/C. Dealer says - "OPERATING AS DESIGNED/OUTSIDE AIR FLOWS THROUGH HVAC HOUSING NEXT TO HEATER CORE GENERATING WARMER AIR OUT VENTS/ REC USING AIR CONDITIONER/NO REPAIR AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME"

If true - this is a pretty poor design on a truck that already gets low gas mileage - having to run the A/C when it's 65 degrees out is silly. Anyone else have this problem or resolved this issue?

Thanks
That’s wild. I’m talking about your dealer’s assessment. That isn’t normal.

Every20years

Reaction score
my 2002 Dodge Dakota was the same way. Had to run the AC anytime it was sunny and over 50 degrees. Especially in Colorado, the sun is brutal. Didn’t have a rear window that opened so hoping my 2021 with the rear window will be better airflow.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sounds like you are a candidate for TSB# 24-001-20, it is a redesign of the HVAC system

Gsmith223

Reaction score
Go straight to a new dealer because this one is stupid. Sounds like your low on Freon to me.

Every20years

Reaction score
I don't think the OP is having issues with the AC cooling. It was about how warm the air is after it comes through the engine compartment. Clearly the "vent" ducts go by the hottest parts of the engine. works great in the winter!

Str8Cracker

Reaction score
My 2019 did it and so does my 2021. I set the temp to low, set the air flow to defrost/feet and then turn off. It’s became habit and I don’t notice it any more.

Kk23

Reaction score

Thanks

Kk23

Reaction score
Just found this post and mine has exsct same issue. It is terrible.. is there a known fix?

Users who are viewing this thread