5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do all Night Editions have Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle?

Blonky19

Reaction score
I've seen this feature listed under the night edition heading on some window stickers and some of them are missing it. The one I'm currently looking at does not have anti-spin diff listed under night edition. It's a 2020.

79 300

Reaction score
I believe they started adding the anti-spin in 2021. My 2019 didn't have it as part of the "black appearance package", which was what the night edition was called back then. The anti-spin was a separate option that cost $495. I am sure of this because I ordered my truck.

This 2020 you spoke of may have the off road group package which would have the E-locker rear axle instead of the anti-spin.

U

User_18352

As far as I know it's not an included option with the Night Edition Package, My 2022 doesn't have one.
On the other hand I've never seen any official literature from Stellantis stating that it is / isn't part of the Night Package either.
Supply Chain shortages the past 3 years have really twisted everything up, I see Limited's all over the place that come without Standard equipment that you're supposed to get with that trim level. Dealers were able to pretty much add and subtract whatever they wanted the past few years it would seem.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
I believe they started adding the anti-spin in 2021. My 2019 didn't have it as part of the "black appearance package", which was what the night edition was called back then. The anti-spin was a separate option that cost $495. I am sure of this because I ordered my truck.

This 2020 you spoke of may have the off road group package which would have the E-locker rear axle instead of the anti-spin.
mine is an addon on my 23 limited with the night edition package. not included

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It has it, but was it part of the night edition or an additional add. I believe that is what he is looking to confirm.
According to my window sticker, it's listed under the Night Edition package.

Attachments

• Window Sticker_2021-06-12-021546772.pdf
    96.3 KB · Views: 29

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
According to my window sticker, it's listed under the Night Edition package.
So interesting. See attached. Included in the Night Edition of Tradesman, Bighorn and Laramine but not the limited. When equipped with 5.7 hemi or 3.0 echo diseal. It’s an add on on the limited. Not sure why the difference.

Attachments

• 100A5493-BDAA-4DEE-8EC8-E5BDA2F2F201.png
    100A5493-BDAA-4DEE-8EC8-E5BDA2F2F201.png
    323.2 KB · Views: 16

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
So interesting. See attached. Included in the Night Edition of Tradesman, Bighorn and Laramine but not the limited. When equipped with 5.7 hemi or 3.0 echo diseal. It’s an add on on the limited. Not sure why the difference.
^^This.
Depends on the trim level. Different trim levels receive different equipment as part of the Night Edition package.

Mdhwoods

Reaction score
^^This.
Depends on the trim level. Different trim levels receive different equipment as part of the Night Edition package.
Get that, but you would think the upper trims would have all of the lower trims add ons and then some. But this should answer his question at lest for 2023 models.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Get that, but you would think the upper trims would have all of the lower trims add ons and then some. But this should answer his question at lest for 2023 models.
There you go getting all logical and stuff. Just when you think you have this crap figured out they go and change things up. I think it's their way of getting back at customers for being able to do real research on new vehicles since the internet made information about car buying more accessible and less of a mystery.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There you go getting all logical and stuff. Just when you think you have this crap figured out they go and change things up. I think it's their way of getting back at customers for being able to do real research on new vehicles since the internet made information about car buying more accessible and less of a mystery.
Well, it's logical in an FCA sort of way. You know, if you can afford the upgrade to limited, you can afford the extra for LS. See how logical that is?

sd2134

Reaction score
Mine was included as part of the 2020 Bighorn Night Edition package.

Last edited:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well, it's logical in an FCA sort of way. You know, if you can afford the upgrade to limited, you can afford the extra for LS. See how logical that is?
@Mdhwoods is more right than not. For many car makers, upper trim levels mostly include everything in lower models and add a few more things to justify the bump in cost. Stellantis (FCA) doesn't seem to follow that model as closely. I'm sure they have their reasons.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Is this build sheet thing legit? The truck I'm currently looking at does not show anti-spin differential anywhere on the original window sticker but it has it on this build sheet.
Just because it's not on the window sticker doesn't mean it's not on the truck. There are too many items on vehicles to put everything on the window sticker. Trust the build sheet.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just because it's not on the window sticker doesn't mean it's not on the truck. There are too many items on vehicles to put everything on the window sticker. Trust the build sheet.
Yup. Window sticker is a summary for "sales" purpose. The build sheet the is the detailed list of all options.

rammin03

Reaction score
Night Edition Limited, Listed as an option on the sticker:

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT (May Replace Standard Equipment)
Diamond Black Crystal Pearl–Coat Exterior Paint $200
Customer Preferred Package 28M Trailer–Tow Group $1,095
Trailer Reverse Steering Control Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring System Trailer Brake–Controller
Night Edition $4,145
- Accent Color Door Handles Accent–Color Premium Power Mirrors 285/45R22XL BSW All–Season Tires Black Headlamp–Bezels 22–Inch x 9.0–Inch Black Aluminum Wheels 19 Speaker Harman Kardon® Premium Sound Tri–Fold Tonneau Cover Sport Performance Hood Tow Hooks
Limited Level 1 Equipment Group $3,795
- Head–Up Display Digital Rearview Mirror Pedestrian Emergency Braking Lane Keep Assist Parallel and Perpendicular Park–Assist with Stop Pick–Up Box Lighting Spray–In Bedliner by Mopar® Wireless Charging–Pad Surround–View Camera System
Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle $495
3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel Engine Gen 3 $3,200
- 800–Amp Maintenance–Free Battery Secondary Active Grille–Shutters
Dual–Pane Panoramic Sunroof $1,495
Multi–Function Tailgate $1,095
33–Gallon Fuel Tank $445

Users who are viewing this thread