5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do all 2019 Ram Bighorns have the beeping sensor when backing up and getting close to an object ?

Otis2016#

Reaction score
I have searched every option in Uconnect. My truck gives no beeps if i get close to an object behind me. I have the camera but it never makes any beep when i get close to another car when parking. Maybe my truck doesn’t have this option but I thought it was kind of a standard feature. I know I don’t have the auto brake option , maybe thats why.

Thanks

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
ParkSense® Front and Rear Park-Assist with Stop
$495
  • The ParkSense® Front and Rear Park Assist System[1] helps detect obstacles near the front or rear of the vehicle to help you maneuver in tight spaces at parking speeds. It uses sensors that determine the relative distance to a nearby object. A graphic display in the instrument cluster notifies you of the proximity of the object.
I believe this may be what you are talking about. According to the build site
(www.ramtrucks.com/build.ram_1500_dt.2019#/interior/zipcode/10314/vehicle/CUT201920/ccode/CUT201920DT6H98A/llp/2TZ/options/ERG,DFT,TUM,WBB,E1,DMC,UAA,Z6B,X8,PSC,23Z,APA) you would need a Level 1 or Level 2 Equipment Group.

Rick J

Reaction score
I have searched every option in Uconnect. My truck gives no beeps if i get close to an object behind me. I have the camera but it never makes any beep when i get close to another car when parking. Maybe my truck doesn’t have this option but I thought it was kind of a standard feature. I know I don’t have the auto brake option , maybe thats why.

Thanks
A backup camera is standard on all models (federal law now I think). Park Sense is optional on all models except Laramie Longhorn and Limited. Park Sense is what makes the noise if you get too close. I'm guessing you don't have that option.

Otis2016#

Reaction score
A backup camera is standard on all models (federal law now I think). Park Sense is optional on all models except Laramie Longhorn and Limited. Park Sense is what makes the noise if you get too close. I'm guessing you don't have that option.
No I don’t have that feature. Thank you. I tell ya its hard telling how close you are when the lines in red on b/u camer are about a quarter inch.

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the Park Sense feature but man I had to turn that auto-braking off, as the system is not-quite-ready-for-prime-time! It sometimes thinks sloped driveways and hills are impending obstacles; me and my dog had about 3 or 4 neck-snapping introductions to Auto Braking before I figured out how to turn it off in the system. Now it still screams when I get to the end of my driveway thinking I'm about to hit the asphalt :rolleyes: but at least it doesn't give me whiplash!

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
I like the Park Sense feature but man I had to turn that auto-braking off, as the system is not-quite-ready-for-prime-time! It sometimes thinks sloped driveways and hills are impending obstacles; me and my dog had about 3 or 4 neck-snapping introductions to Auto Braking before I figured out how to turn it off in the system. Now it still screams when I get to the end of my driveway thinking I'm about to hit the asphalt :rolleyes: but at least it doesn't give me whiplash!

Yep, that got me on the first time I backed into a parking spot with absolutely no obstacles anywhere near. It sensed the concrete parking stop and went full brake.

20Rebel19

Reaction score
Good to know you can turn off the brake assist but keep the audible. I was going to ask that question. Picking up my Rebel next week and I'll be turning the brake assit off right away. Thanks

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good to know you can turn off the brake assist but keep the audible. I was going to ask that question. Picking up my Rebel next week and I'll be turning the brake assit off right away. Thanks
Yeah, I do find the audible marginally useful. It still senses things that are nowhere near going to hit the vehicle, which must have something to do with the sensor placement, but the truck is long enough that it's worth having just like on a box truck.

Users who are viewing this thread