5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DMV Woes

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol sad but true and with this supposed new license thing about to go in effect, time is not on our side. :)

jerryw1000

Reaction score
Got the same problem here in GA. The same day I got the letter saying my Title work was done and I could go get my plates they closed the Tag Office until further notice. Temp tags run out the 20th of April and I heard there has been an extension until 15 May.....which will not be long enough for this virus to go away. Then I still have to order my plates because I want an Army Vietnam plate.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I placed an order for personalized tags and now I am in DMV limbo lol.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
All I have to do in my state, is move my old plate from trade vehicle to new one. Tags here stay assigned to the owner of the vehicle, not the vehicle. As far as I care, DMV can take their time opening back up to do the switch on their end.

JTMachineDesign

Reaction score
whats weird is, they sent the initial random number plates to me in the mail... they sent the plate for my trailer in the mail.. but they cant send the custom plates in the mail?
They gave me permanent plate for one trailer, but regular pay-each-year for the other...
and don't bother asking the DMV person at the window.. if it doesn't fit into the flowchart they cant answer.... you should have seen the look on their face when I went to get a new pink-slip for my street-legalized golf cart... almost had a melt down.
I once took a set of 1930 plates that I bought on eBay to have them assigned to my 1930 Model A (what a concept!) took them over 45 minutes to decide if they were the right color. ( I hate that "historical vehicle" nonsense.. it's just old, nothing historical about it.)

But hey, the got a "special needs" person handing out the stickers...

GA_Ram_Dawg

Reaction score
Got the same problem here in GA. The same day I got the letter saying my Title work was done and I could go get my plates they closed the Tag Office until further notice. Temp tags run out the 20th of April and I heard there has been an extension until 15 May.....which will not be long enough for this virus to go away. Then I still have to order my plates because I want an Army Vietnam plate.
@jerry. I leave down in Houston County, Ga and my dealer told me that if the temp tag runs out before you get the permanent tag, all you have to do is go back to the dealer and they will provide another temp tag. I just bought my truck in early March about a week before everything started to shut down and the DMV down here was still open when my paperwork arrived; but that was also in late March. Hope this helps

jerryw1000

Reaction score
@jerry. I leave down in Houston County, Ga and my dealer told me that if the temp tag runs out before you get the permanent tag, all you have to do is go back to the dealer and they will provide another temp tag.

Thanks GA_Ram_Dawg. I will probably have to try that since they keep extending the closings. They tag on my Grand Cherokee runs out next month too so I was kind of hoping they would open by then. I got an email from GA Revenue that said people in my situation and wanting to get a custom tag (Army Vietnam) had been given an extension on their temp tags to 15 June.

Are you guys having the big RV shindig at the Ag Center this spring?

GA_Ram_Dawg

Reaction score
Thanks GA_Ram_Dawg. I will probably have to try that since they keep extending the closings. They tag on my Grand Cherokee runs out next month too so I was kind of hoping they would open by then. I got an email from GA Revenue that said people in my situation and wanting to get a custom tag (Army Vietnam) had been given an extension on their temp tags to 15 June.

Are you guys having the big RV shindig at the Ag Center this spring?
Looking at their website, looks like everything in April is cancelled. Didn’t see anything for RVs throughout the summer

Users who are viewing this thread