5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIY Wheel Ceramic Coating Products

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those of you that have ceramic coating your wheels what product did you use, how was the application process, and how has it held up?

Been looking at gtechniq or cquartz so far.

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
I use CQuartz but I have never done wheels before

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I have cquartz UK 3.0 on mine. Also have the cquartz DLUX which is intended for wheels and plastic but didn't have that on hand when I did the wheels. No complaint's.

rotts4u

Reaction score
I used Carpro ceramic and it does fine just like it does with the paint. ick whatever brand you use on the paint and the leftover can be used on the wheels

TVANVA

Reaction score
Used Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour on my aftermarket Helo wheels 10 months ago. Still looks great and wheels clean up easily. Applied carefully, following instructions to first get the wheel totally clean (Panel Wipe is your buddy). Did a single coat. Pretty easy but they were new wheels.

I did buy some spare applicator disks and used a few of them (one disk per wheel). Used half of a 30oz bottle on four 20" wheels.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Used Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour on my aftermarket Helo wheels 10 months ago. Still looks great and wheels clean up easily. Applied carefully, following instructions to first get the wheel totally clean (Panel Wipe is your buddy). Did a single coat. Pretty easy but they were new wheels.

I did buy some spare applicator disks and used a few of them (one disk per wheel). Used half of a 30oz bottle on four 20" wheels.
I got the G5 as I was impressed by the CSL I did on my truck last summer. Did you coat just the face of the wheel or also the barrels? Good to hear you’ve had positive result to this point. Thanks for the input!

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Used 5 coats of CQuartz UK 3.0 when new. Top off with reload and use cleaner wax every few months to remove surface dirt before it takes hold. Maintenance like that isn't 100% needed unless completely OCD like me. Easy application, lasts and lasts and makes regular washes easy.

TVANVA

Reaction score
I got the G5 as I was impressed by the CSL I did on my truck last summer. Did you coat just the face of the wheel or also the barrels? Good to hear you’ve had positive result to this point. Thanks for the input!

Glad to help.

Since the wheels were new and not mounted on the truck, I did the entire rim, barrels included. This lets me more easily wash dirt out of the barrels. The barrels are painted gloss black, so dirt shows, and the bright machined "spokes" of the wheel stand out more when the barrel is clean.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad to help.

Since the wheels were new and not mounted on the truck, I did the entire rim, barrels included. This lets me more easily wash dirt out of the barrels. The barrels are painted gloss black, so dirt shows, and the bright machined "spokes" of the wheel stand out more when the barrel is clean.
Interesting, i thought you would need more than the 30mL to do that. I got the 50mL size so i will have some extra.

TVANVA

Reaction score
Interesting, i thought you would need more than the 30mL to do that. I got the 50mL size so i will have some extra.

I was concerned about running out in the middle of the job. Gtechniq said to only do one coat and that's what I did, using right at half of the 30ml bottle.

Surprised me too. I knew i was not underapplying as I was definitely wiping off excess and that excess caused the microfiber towel to harden after a while.

Ss69nielsen

Reaction score
I just bought the Adams ceramic wheel coating kit for mine. Have not done them yet. Called and talked to their customer service about some questions I had. He was extremely knowledgeable so that sold me on their product. They also have the longest lifespan rating for their coding than any other product I saw.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Went with the gtechniq. Super easy, really works well.

Users who are viewing this thread