5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIY Sliding Toolbox

Reaction score
Has anyone modded a toolbox or built their own sliding toolbox that utilizes the utility bed rails? I know there’s a MOPAR sliding toolbox that’s been discontinued but don’t need something quite that big. I saw the one thread of someone adding drawer slides to the MOPAR toolbox but that was about it.

Recently upgraded from a 2019 limited to the 2022 limited with the MFT. My 2019 was totaled and after cleaning it out and realizing how much crap I had under the rear seats (some useful stuff) but a pain in the *** to access since I have 2 car seats - I’m contemplating different storage solutions that would work with a folding bedcover. I know about the decked system, but really don’t want to lose my entire bed height capacity.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone modded a toolbox or built their own sliding toolbox that utilizes the utility bed rails? I know there’s a MOPAR sliding toolbox that’s been discontinued but don’t need something quite that big. I saw the one thread of someone adding drawer slides to the MOPAR toolbox but that was about it.

Recently upgraded from a 2019 limited to the 2022 limited with the MFT. My 2019 was totaled and after cleaning it out and realizing how much crap I had under the rear seats (some useful stuff) but a pain in the *** to access since I have 2 car seats - I’m contemplating different storage solutions that would work with a folding bedcover. I know about the decked system, but really don’t want to lose my entire bed height capacity.
I hadn't heard that the MoPar box was discontinued. Crap, I wanted one of those. Guess we'll have to look around...

Reaction score
I hadn't heard that the MoPar box was discontinued. Crap, I wanted one of those. Guess we'll have to look around...
Yeah - there's a few still out there but some are going for $1200 and the Rambox one is going for around $800, I think. I just feel like it would be relatively easy to use the bed rails in some way. Thinking of just doing a plywood box with some carriage bolts, washers and wingnuts. Maybe some ball bearings to help it slide.

Users who are viewing this thread