5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIY - Cargo management gate

bakchr

Reaction score
I wanted to be able to put items in the back and not have them slide forward. It is a black vinyl fence rail I found at Home Depot. I cut it to size and it fits perfectly into either of the rear slots on the side. depending on how much space you need. Seems strong enough and very light weight.

20210422_182303.jpg

Jeeper

Reaction score
I wanted to be able to put items in the back and not have them slide forward. It is a black vinyl fence rail I found at Home Depot. I cut it to size and it fits perfectly into either of the rear slots on the side. depending on how much space you need. Seems strong enough and very light weight.

View attachment 90793
what was the cut length? possible to get 2 pcs out of the 8' length a d double them up for more strength?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

bakchr

Reaction score
what was the cut length? possible to get 2 pcs out of the 8' length a d double them up for more strength?

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
You should obviously measure to be sure. I wanted it to fit snuggly, so I think I measured and started at 67.25" and just kept shaving off slivers until it fit just right. So you wouldn't be able to get more than one from a 8ft board. But is really is quite solid and just fits in the slot, so you wouldn't be able to double up. It is hollow, so it is light, but it has braces in it so it feels like a solid board. I am sure if it took a big hit it could flex enough to pop out, but it is solid enough that I can put 60lb buckets in there and it holds it from sliding when you brake. I have the MFT, and it was a pain to open the door and find that everything slid to the front and have to crawl in to pull it all out.

Users who are viewing this thread