5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display water, oil, transmission temps like the Jeep does.

Rupp

Reaction score
Guys,
Does our new Rams have the ability to show the water, oil, and transmission temps like Jeeps do? I'm a new owner still learning all of these bells and whistles.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guys,
Does our new Rams have the ability to show the water, oil, and transmission temps like Jeeps do? I'm a new owner still learning all of these bells and whistles.

Yup...it’s in the section where the tire, oil, coolant temps are. The last page on the right, shows 4 different temps. I usually leave it in my screen like that.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guys,
Not sure how jeeps are but we have this summary screen available and then they are each available as individual gauges when you rotate through the vehicle info screen(just hit up or down arrow till you get to vehicle info screen then lefr/right arrow to rotate through different screens.

Attachments

• IMG_20201212_224427.jpg
    IMG_20201212_224427.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20201212_224507.jpg
    IMG_20201212_224507.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Guys,

Yup, it's the screen I'm always in. It shows in the center the digital coolant temp, tranny temp, oil pressure & oil temp. You can then choose specifically what you want on the digital "analog" style gauges on each corner, such as volts, mpg, trip (A or B) , etc. I also have my digital speed on the top center readout.

Another thing I recommend is activating your current gear indicator, shows what gear the transmission is currently in, it's off by default. Also your ECO/MDS light, which tells you when you are in fuel saving 4-cylinder mode, also off by default.

arod412

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, it's the screen I'm always in. It shows in the center the digital coolant temp, tranny temp, oil pressure & oil temp. You can then choose specifically what you want on the digital "analog" style gauges on each corner, such as volts, mpg, trip (A or B) , etc. I also have my digital speed on the top center readout.

Another thing I recommend is activating your current gear indicator, shows what gear the transmission is currently in, it's off by default. Also your ECO/MDS light, which tells you when you are in fuel saving 4-cylinder mode, also off by default.

[email protected] is Ram turning off some of these features that we like. New about eco mode, not the gear selector.

I guess for some folks, they don’t need it, but I think it’s important.

Owner of a 2020 Ram Laramie, 16 Dodge Charger scat pack and my wife 21 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
[email protected] is Ram turning off some of these features that we like. New about eco mode, not the gear selector.

I guess for some folks, they don’t need it, but I think it’s important.

A lot of folks like simplicity or a "clean" look when it comes to their electronics readouts. Many devices are this way; they have a simpler mode, with options to make it details heavy.
Others, like you (it sounds like) and me, like to have boatloads of information at our fingertips.

I'm just happy they give us the options. Customization is quite nice on these compared to many other vehicles I've ridden in.

arptsprt

Reaction score

How do you turn on the current gear indicator? I know how to turn on the Eco indicator. I have used the + and - rocker to range through the gears and that keeps it on but only until I manually turn it off or I turn the ignition off. It does not stay on all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How do you turn on the current gear indicator? I know how to turn on the Eco indicator. I have used the + and - rocker to range through the gears and that keeps it on but only until I manually turn it off or I turn the ignition off. It does not stay on all the time.

With the accessories or ignition on, go to the setup menu on the left side, after you choose that, cycle through until you find "Current Gear". Select that, it will show up on the right side of the PRND indicators on the gauge. It will always be on after that. Your gear limiter indicator will now be located just to the right of the Current Gear indicator in the gauge cluster.

2020-12-13 11.24.25.jpg

Rupp

Reaction score
Thanks a ton guys. This truck has more Easter eggs than the Easter bunny. Now what are good ranges for these temp readings on the V8 Hemi?

arptsprt

Reaction score
Thank you. I missed that option.

With the accessories or ignition on, go to the setup menu on the left side, after you choose that, cycle through until you find "Current Gear". Select that, it will show up on the right side of the PRND indicators on the gauge. It will always be on after that. Your gear limiter indicator will now be located just to the right of the Current Gear indicator in the gauge cluster.

View attachment 76516

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
One more feature that I activated on my truck is the odometer reading, you can add a decimal point and an extra digit.
000000.0 Comes in handy when you want to know a specific distance travelled, I’m Canadian so 100 metres per .1

Wvhemisport

Reaction score
Not sure how jeeps are but we have this summary screen available and then they are each available as individual gauges when you rotate through the vehicle info screen(just hit up or down arrow till you get to vehicle info screen then lefr/right arrow to rotate through different screens.

What do you have selected for the top center that shows “no device”?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you have selected for the top center that shows “no device”?

It's set to display audio information. It will display no device when I was connected to Android Auto and I unplug the phone.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread