5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display turns on and off while truck is off

tpg

Reaction score
Tonight I was upstairs in my house overlooking my 2019 Ram Sport which was parked and turned off, when I noticed the 12" display power on and display the Sirius XM logo then in powered off. The instrument panel display also powered on displaying the message to step on the break to start the vehicle. I continued to watch the truck and it repeated this power on and off of the radio and instrument display multiple times with a few minutes between each cycle.

Anyone know why? Is the truck receiving or sending messages to Sirius XM for the Guardian service that might cause this? Could it be snow buildup on the parking sensors? Hmm.

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
How close to the truck were you and did you have the key fob in your pocket?

My first suspicion is that things are turning on because you're close to the truck. And then when nothing happens for a period of time, they go off.

tpg

Reaction score
The key fob wasn't on me at the time this was occurring. The truck is around 20 yards away from the closet set of keys. I watched the truck go through this cycle of on and off multiple times without having been in contact with the keys. The truck was also parked for at least 2 hours since last time it was driven.

Users who are viewing this thread