5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display Theme Defaults to Factory Preset Randomly

mjharden

Reaction score
Anyone else having an issue with a Ram Display Theme defaulting back to the factory preset? I thought I was going crazy! I go into the display settings, select a different Ram theme, and then for no particular reason when I start the truck sometimes, it will default back to the factory preset on the instrument panel. The UConnect screen remains as selected! I'm assuming just a glitch that will be fixed with a future software update, so no big deal...just a little annoying.

Reaction score
Anyone else having an issue with a Ram Display Theme defaulting back to the factory preset? I thought I was going crazy! I go into the display settings, select a different Ram theme, and then for no particular reason when I start the truck sometimes, it will default back to the factory preset on the instrument panel. The UConnect screen remains as selected! I'm assuming just a glitch that will be fixed with a future software update, so no big deal...just a little annoying.[/QUOTE
Yes this is a problem many of us have encountered. My XM presets and tool bar settings default as well. Working on getting a replacement through the dealer with no luck thus far

Echance01

Reaction score
Anyone else having an issue with a Ram Display Theme defaulting back to the factory preset? I thought I was going crazy! I go into the display settings, select a different Ram theme, and then for no particular reason when I start the truck sometimes, it will default back to the factory preset on the instrument panel. The UConnect screen remains as selected! I'm assuming just a glitch that will be fixed with a future software update, so no big deal...just a little annoying.

Yes!!! I just noticed it today! I also thought I was going crazy!! (glad I am not)

I assume no fix has been shared by anyone? Hoping it’s just software and not the hardware. Do I need to report this anywhere?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No one in this thread has their truck trim or details in their sigs, so I assume you're talking about the new 12" screens?

Echance01

Reaction score
No one in this thread has their truck trim or details in their sigs, so I assume you're talking about the new 12" screens?

How do I do that?
I have a 19’ Laramie Crew. 8.4NAV.

I go to change the “theme” via the Uconnect with also changes the theme in the instrument cluster. The Uconnect keeps the theme selected but the instrument cluster reverts back to the “original” theme.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do I do that?
I have a 19’ Laramie Crew. 8.4NAV.

I go to change the “theme” via the Uconnect with also changes the theme in the instrument cluster. The Uconnect keeps the theme selected but the instrument cluster reverts back to the “original” theme.
That's an odd one, haven't had that happen yet.

Lalantodd

Reaction score

I am also having this issue and other issues related to resetting radio presets and backup camera not working. Has anyone found a fix for this issue?

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like it is working after the Uconnect software update. Mine has stuck for 5 engine starts. Usually reverts back after 2 starts.

Lalantodd

Reaction score
Seems like it is working after the Uconnect software update. Mine has stuck for 5 engine starts. Usually reverts back after 2 starts.
I can get it to stick if I do not use my key fob to unlock or remote start the vehicle. As soon as I activate the keyfob after the truck has been off for a few hours I get the same problem. I also checked the software version of my 8.4 and it has not changed. How did you know your system reset?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can get it to stick if I do not use my key fob to unlock or remote start the vehicle. As soon as I activate the keyfob after the truck has been off for a few hours I get the same problem. I also checked the software version of my 8.4 and it has not changed. How did you know your system reset?
What is your software version?

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Appreciation!

Edit: just noticed you have the 8.4

You have the 12" I assume? Otherwise I (and every other 8.4 owner) would like to know the voodoo you used to access dealer mode.

Lalantodd

Reaction score
Appreciation!

Edit: just noticed you have the 8.4

You have the 12" I assume? Otherwise I (and every other 8.4 owner) would like to know the voodoo you used to access dealer mode.

To access dealer mode go to the system info tab under settings. With the car running depress the first and last buttons on the lower section of the screen. Hold for 5-7seconds or repeat the depression of the buttons 2-3 times and the dealer mode will appear. Hope this helps...

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's so crazy the truck has to be running to do half these things... ridiculous!

Thanks though! (y)

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Props to @Lalantodd for getting this going!

OK, truck only has to be in run mode, not running.

Once you are at the System Info screen, before you get to the URL screen, THEN you hold the bottom left icon and bottom right icon (doesn't matter what they are) until there is another tab added under system info. Then tap info, you will have the dealer mode info.

I have version 18.07.37... will be contacting Uconnect for an over air update since my phone sounds like shiat as well. The theme reset doesn't bother me half as much since I don't mind the Rebel theme.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fawk. Mine reverted back to default on the dash display. This sucks lol.

Well at least I learned how to see dealer info haha.

Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread