5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Display mount for camper cameras

Ratchet

Reaction score
Haven't had much luck sifting though threads on here so here's a fresh thread.
Looking for options/suggestions for mounting a 7"(ish) display preferably in the upper "pencil" tray in the center of the dash. Has anyone here used one of the RAM drill down mounts with a T-bolt head for the display and had success?

Attachments

• mount1.png
    mount1.png
    168.1 KB · Views: 36
  • mount2.jpg
    mount2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Whodeysrt

Reaction score
Bulletpoint mounts attach in the upper tray next to cig lighter….I use the double one for my phone on a daily basis and the second one for my rear monitor when towing….they are excellent!
67C1F4D2-D866-4E3D-8C90-70ACBADCA46D.jpeg

Corneeeeelius

Reaction score
Hey Ratchet,

I just found out about Linkswell and phoenix android "Tesla Style" radios that replace the factory head unit. I am still researching which one to get, but I am fairly certain you can wire up quite a few cameras to these head units and they are basically a big tablet that allows you to cycle through each camera as you need them. They have a lot of other cool features too, but for the person who wants tons of visibility, the might be something to look into.

I know your request was likely for security cameras, but in case it was for "while driving" cameras now you have a little more information.

Ratchet

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! Yes, I have seen a few replacement display options, but I'm using a wireless system for the camper. Prefer to keep it separate from the vehicle and like having the option if someone else pulls the camper, we can just move the screen into the tow vehicle. :)

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for options/suggestions for mounting a 7"(ish) display preferably in the upper "pencil" tray in the center of the dash. Has anyone here used one of the RAM drill down mounts with a T-bolt head for the display and had success?
I installed two of then in the upper tray, use one on the left for my phone, other is a spare. As far as T-bolt head, not sure what that would connect to?
edit: The RAM mounts are solid, 'weak link" is the dash, thought about having my 10 inch tab mounted there, not sure about doing it.

Attachments

• Ram mount for Ram..jpg
    Ram mount for Ram..jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Ratchet

Reaction score
Thanks for the reference to the Bulletpoint Mounts guys. Just got mine today. Man, those things are SOLID! Was able to get an adapter from BP Mounts and the T-bolt/ball mount I needed from Ram. Done deal. Thanks again!

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
I installed two of then in the upper tray, use one on the left for my phone, other is a spare. As far as T-bolt head, not sure what that would connect to?
edit: The RAM mounts are solid, 'weak link" is the dash, thought about having my 10 inch tab mounted there, not sure about doing it.
Where did you purchase this mount from?

834k3r

Reaction score
We use them in the trucks at the company I work for (though we put them in the armrest of our Gen4 Rams); we use them to hold iPad Minis. They're great.

Ratchet

Reaction score
We use them in the trucks at the company I work for (though we put them in the armrest of our Gen4 Rams); we use them to hold iPad Minis. They're great
Yeah, I decided against the full RAM mount and went with the Bullet Point mount. That thing is SOLID! Did have to buy one Ram adapter to do what I needed, but it's done and looks great.

21RamBigHornBlk

Reaction score
Yeah, I decided against the full RAM mount and went with the Bullet Point mount. That thing is SOLID! Did have to buy one Ram adapter to do what I needed, but it's done and looks great.
Any pictures you can share? im looking at doing the same.

Ratchet

Reaction score
Absolutely! I'm at work until whenever I can save the world today. I'll post up some photos this evening for you.
I went with this setup due to the wireless backup system I already had. It's a rather uncommon mount for the display screen. With the setup I chose, it works perfect and looks decent as well.

21RamBigHornBlk

Reaction score
Absolutely! I'm at work until whenever I can save the world today. I'll post up some photos this evening for you.
I went with this setup due to the wireless backup system I already had. It's a rather uncommon mount for the display screen. With the setup I chose, it works perfect and looks decent as well.

Thank you! Can't wait to see it

Ratchet

Reaction score
Alrighty....lets dive in. I have linked the 3 items you will need if your display is similiar to mine. I went ahead and bought a full mount with the magnetic end because I'm sure I'll end up using it for something. The last link is for a display mount which supports the "T-bolt" mounting system. If your display supports this, it should work for you. If you'd like to message me with your display pics/specs, I'd be glad to help you find any additional parts you may need. See photos and links below.

BulletPoint Mount assembly: https://www.bulletpointmountingsolu...gle-20mm-ball-dash-phone-mount-new-dash-style

BulletPoint Flange socket adapter - (accepts 1" ball from other device) This will be for the B size Ram Track Ball incase the link changes for some reason: https://www.bulletpointmountingsolu...t-converts-20mm-arm-end-to-accommodate-1-ball

Ram Mount Track Ball "T-bolt to 1" ball): You'll need the B size which is a 1" ball: https://www.rammount.com/part/RAP-B-354U-TRA1

Attachments

• IMG_7925.JPEG
    IMG_7925.JPEG
    126.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7926.JPEG
    IMG_7926.JPEG
    131.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7927.JPEG
    IMG_7927.JPEG
    95.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7928.JPEG
    IMG_7928.JPEG
    189 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7929.JPEG
    IMG_7929.JPEG
    154.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7930.JPEG
    IMG_7930.JPEG
    99.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7931.JPEG
    IMG_7931.JPEG
    171.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7932.JPEG
    IMG_7932.JPEG
    128.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_7933.JPEG
    IMG_7933.JPEG
    117.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_7934.JPEG
    IMG_7934.JPEG
    128 KB · Views: 35

21RamBigHornBlk

Reaction score
That looks fantastic! You definitely have a heavier duty looking monitor. I won't need the t-bolt. I just received the camera access monitor today and it's light enough I believe just the magnetic end will hold it fine. I'll post a few pictures in a little bit. Thank you very much.

Ratchet

Reaction score
Thanks. Glad I could help. It's deffinately a solid mount. That huge monitor barely moves unless I smack a true NC pothole. The magnet mount would probably hold mine as well as the monitor only weighs a few ounces more than most newer mobile phones. However, we tow down some very narrow and sometimes unpaved roads and the last thing I need is the display somehow finding it's way off and falling directly on my Wonkas while driving. I really like this truck and don't want to hurt it...yet.

21RamBigHornBlk

Reaction score
Thanks. Glad I could help. It's deffinately a solid mount. That huge monitor barely moves unless I smack a true NC pothole. The magnet mount would probably hold mine as well as the monitor only weighs a few ounces more than most newer mobile phones. However, we tow down some very narrow and sometimes unpaved roads and the last thing I need is the display somehow finding it's way off and falling directly on my Wonkas while driving. I really like this truck and don't want to hurt it...yet.
So after closer inspection I do seem to have the same style back plate on my monitor as you, however this is so light in still thinking the magnetic end will hold just fine. Where in NC are you? I lived in University side of Charlotte for about 5 years. I'm hoping to retire back in that area, most likely north of there in Huntersville.

Attachments

• 20210909_063523.jpg
    20210909_063523.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210909_063411.jpg
    20210909_063411.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210909_063757.jpg
    20210909_063757.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 14

Ratchet

Reaction score
That one is exactly the same as mine. Just a different name from what I've seen prior to purchasing. I'm in Wilson. About 45 miles east of Raleigh.

21RamBigHornBlk

Reaction score
I decided to go with the same setup you have. I did find the 1" ball with t-bolt on Amazon so I didn't need to pay the $18 shipping through Ram mounts. Looking forward to getting all this and hooking it up.

Users who are viewing this thread