5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dish soap leaked onto my floor board..

ramhouston

Reaction score
i got back home yesterday night to find out that some dish soap from the grocery store got on to the floor board. any suggestions on cleaning it to prevent damages and or unwanted odors??

Attachments

• 543F5135-7912-457E-932C-180A6E70E6BE.jpeg
    543F5135-7912-457E-932C-180A6E70E6BE.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 50

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wash it really good with dish so... Oh, never mind.

Probably not going to "hurt" anything, but do you happen to have an upholstery cleaner? I have and love my Little Green Clean Machine. You could just use it with hot water, or get an old spray bottle, fill it will hot water, spray and vacuum up with a shop vac.

ramhouston

Reaction score
Wash it really good with dish so... Oh, never mind.

Probably not going to "hurt" anything, but do you happen to have an upholstery cleaner? I have and love my Little Green Clean Machine. You could just use it with hot water, or get an old spray bottle, fill it will hot water, spray and vacuum up with a shop vac.
should i apply some baking soda to reduce the dish soap odor in the cab??

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Use a good wet/dry vac and suck as much as you can back thru the carpet using only the end of the hose to get the most suction. Whatever is left surely won’t hurt anything.

Big White RAM

Reaction score
Soak it really good with water and immediatley use a shop vac to extract it. Repeat as many times as needed until the suds dissappear, then spray a broader area with water and extract it with the shop vac using a wider attachment (like your cleaning a carpet) to avoid a noticeable clean spot.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Of all the things that could spill in a truck, dish soap is probably the best smelling, and easily cleaned, my wife had a jug of vegetable oil spill on the carpet at the rear hatchback in her Jeep Cherokee, I soaked it up with rags the best that I could, thankfully it does not have much of a smell, and the carpet was black so no stain appearance. We traded the Jeep shortly after for a new one so I don’t know if a smell would have developed with time. I now keep a rubberized bottom carpet in rear of her Jeep.
It would be worse if a jar of pickles, pickled fish or a can of paint was to spill in your vehicle.
The best thing to do is what someone else posted, carpet cleaner vacuum or shop vac.

Users who are viewing this thread