5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disengage electronic parking break / manually put in neutral

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
I have been over the manual and haven't seen how to do this? I have seen some videos online but they are for 2018's. If in a completely battery dead scenario how would one disengage the electronic parking break and put the truck into neutral?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The manual EPB release is in the later versions of the owner's manual (full manual, not what comes in truck). V5 has it:
EPB1.JPG
EPB2.JPG

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
Does this address the parking brake too? The way I read it sounds like it only talks about getting into neutral.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't find any other mention but hopefully this does it since the leading paragraph talks about towing with a dead battery.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank for info about getting it out of park but I have a dead battery and I can't disengage the electronic emergency brake on a 2019 dodge ram 1500
This problem is not specific to Ram, all vehicles with this feature are susceptible. You have to get power back to disengage the electric parking brake. Then you have a decision to make for the future, do you want to use the feature or not . You can turn off it occurring automatically, but anytime you engage the emergency brake manually you will be open to it happening again. Electric parking brake versus old style cable actuated emergency brake sounds good until you find yourself with a dead battery.

Users who are viewing this thread