5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disconnected battery, now has limited features...

mac1983620

Reaction score
When installing my Vararam, disconnect the negative terminal for 2 hours and now it's not showing all my stereo features. Sirius, backup camera, heated seats, bunch of stuff. Any ideas how to factory reset? Any solutions?

U

User_21361

Give it an hour or so and it will all come back. Same happened to me

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

mac1983620

Reaction score
Just talked to a guy at Uconnect and he said it could take 200 to 500 miles. I've restarted multiple times and driven about an hour already and nothing has changed. What a terrible system. You'd think this stuff should reload right away...

mac1983620

Reaction score
He also said a soft reset is done every time you turn the vehicle off and open the drivers door. He said there is no hard reset. Also mentioned you can take it to a dealer and they can reprogram it in about an hour back to full functionality.

aametzger

Reaction score
This happened to me too. Give it some time as mentioned above. I went back after a few hours and it was working normally.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many people have posted about this issue. Some have reported it came back after a few hours, others have reported it happened over night.

Users who are viewing this thread