5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disassociate seat memory settings from user profile

lsupcar

Reaction score
I have had my Rebel for two weeks and am still setting up the user profiles and preferences on the uconnect 12/5 screen. One thing that is frustrating me is that I have two seat positions saved and they are linked to two different user profiles. But I am the only driver/user.
I would rather the seat memory setting be independent of the user profiles. Thus, I could be one user profile and change between the two memory settings without changing the user profile.
Thanks.

John Jensen

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are asking/wanting. You can set the second setting to do the same as the first setting if that solves it. I use one setting for my normal driving and the second setting for when I'm trailering.

Maybe I don't understand setting up user profiles because I don't have that on my 2020 HD.

lsupcar

Reaction score
Yes, I probably did it to myself in agreeing to link a profile to a seat position at some point without realizing the implications.
Now, whenever I recall a different seat position, it loads a different user profile, which takes around ten seconds and disconnects CarPlay and changes screens. I would rather be able to choose a different memory seat position without all that happening.
I too use one position for everyday and another for towing. Right now I am changing positions frequently as I am getting everything optimized.
Thanks.

John Jensen

Reaction score
It sounds like you need to undo the seat setting links in the profiles. Then just reset each one individually.
Yes, I probably did it to myself in agreeing to link a profile to a seat position at some point without realizing the implications.
Now, whenever I recall a different seat position, it loads a different user profile, which takes around ten seconds and disconnects CarPlay and changes screens. I would rather be able to choose a different memory seat position without all that happening.
I too use one position for everyday and another for towing. Right now I am changing positions frequently as I am getting everything optimized.
Thanks.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Setting 1 sets all settings for user 1. Setting 2 sets all settings for user 2. You can not just change certain things. Just duplicate all settings the same for user 1 and user 2, except different seat settings. It will change user, which is unavoidable.

lsupcar

Reaction score
Setting 1 sets all settings for user 1. Setting 2 sets all settings for user 2. You can not just change certain things. Just duplicate all settings the same for user 1 and user 2, except different seat settings. It will change user, which is unavoidable.
This is the reality I am coming to accept. Even with both profiles optioned the same, switching between the two causes interruption of service for a while which is annoying.
Thanks for the replies.

rodneyiii

Reaction score
RAM Cares - Can anything be done to push this request up the chain? I bet many users would like to de-couple the memory seat settings from the Uconnect user profiles. Is there a hidden setting that the Dealer can change in the vehicle to do this?

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree this is a pain. I would also like to disconnect the seat settings from the profile. Actually, I don't care about using profiles at all.

I use my seat settings just to adjust my side mirrors down and in when I backing a trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread