5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disabling rain sensing wipers

Bitwise

Reaction score
I'm in the process of building a 2021 Rebel and while I like most of the features of the Level 2 package, I do not like the rain sensing wipers. That seems like a feature that would personally be more of a hassle and annoyance to me than anything. Is it possible to disable that feature indefinitely? As in, you turn the rain sense off and it is never enabled again unless you want it to be (disabling would persist through engine on/off cycles)? If so, I guess the wipers would act like normal electric wipers at that point?

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At least on mine the rain sensing wipers are amazing. I hate wipers going across for the slightest bit of rain, and these seem to work exactly as I would control them. My wife hates it in other vehicles because I manually control the wipers more than just using a timed setting. I haven't touched my wipers since I got the truck and set it to auto.

Having said that, the auto wipers are the first click of the stalk. So if you call that setting 1 then if you leave it at setting 0 it's off. Then you'd turn to setting 2 for manual time selection.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can turn it off in the settings and it will stay off. I have to agree. This works amazing. I have a Big Horn that doesn't come with it so I added the sensor and enabled it in AlfaODB.

sppb32

Reaction score
I like the way mine works too, it seams like the intermittent control on the switch controls the sensitivity of the sensor, I'm not sure of that but I seams to behave differently as you turn the nob.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As has been said you can turn it off under settings . Mine wasn’t turned on from the factory but after I enabled it I love it and use it all the time . When the wiper switch is off the wipers will not come on at all and the 5 or so notches for the intermittent wipers control the sensitivity .

ny2az

Reaction score
l have mine active and ready to go... but l haven't seen them function as of yet ... not sure what's going on ... l do live in phoenix and the weather has been sunny all the time ... maybe something is off ... JK .... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Third and fourth intermittent settings is the range where the auto wipers work best (if I’m not mistaken). The fourth click is more sensitive than the third click which, in turn, is more sensitive than the second click, etc...

And mine Have worked great for two years

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish there was a setting just above OFF where once you are in that detent a tap on the windshield washer would start a timer.

One more tap would then set the interval for the wipers to engage.

Any new tap on the windshield washer would reset the timer to the new interval to swipe the wipers.

While I love the rain sense wipers some days when it’s just a fine mist I just want an old school timer.

If some one blows by you and splashes a huge amount of water up on the windshield then it would automatically sense the calamity and go to HIGH until the windshield was cleared.

Users who are viewing this thread