5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have been battling an on and off issue with registration verification emails not being sent out with certain users. We have finally got the issue resolved so if you have tried registering for the site but have not received a verification email, just request another verification email when you log in and you should now receive it. If you still don't receive the verification email, send us an email at [email protected] and we will get it resolved for you. Thanks!

Disabling DRL's in Canadian trucks

silver billet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I upgraded my lights from halogen to morimoto xb hybrid led's. These come with their own bright white accent strips serving as DRL's, and so I need to turn off the DRL's on my Ram because otherwise the morimoto headlights will flicker on and off several times.

In USA you guys have the setting in uconnect, apparently in Canada our trucks don't have that option.

I did purchase a tazer dt, and it seems to suggest it can do what I want, in two places:
DRL Type: Choose USA (on but selectable), Canada (on all the time), or Off.
DRL Location: Turns, Fogs, or Low beams

The "type" has an "off" which I tried, doesn't work.
The "location" I think also has an "off" setting, doesn't work.

I've tried changing to USA, and then in Uconnect the setting appeared to turn off DRL's. But choosing that setting doesn't actually have any effect.

I had PM'd a member here before my Tazer arrived and he said the tazer can't turn them off, only change the location. That does seem to be the case in practise, but the settings availlable in Tazer DT suggest it should be possible.

Anybody get this working? All I've managed so far is to change the DRL to my turn signals, which is better since now at least I'm not damaging anything, but I want them off completely.

Does AlphaOBD do this any better?

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Canadian, tazer, and set to usa… can turn on/off from settings on the big screen.
Had them off for around a week but turned them back on from screen settings.
Have latest firmware?

silver billet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Canadian, tazer, and set to usa… can turn on/off from settings on the big screen.
Had them off for around a week but turned them back on from screen settings.
Have latest firmware?

I bought the device new last week, I'm assuming it has the latest firmware but I will double check.

So your "DRL Type" is "USA", what did you set your "DRL Location" to? Did you leave that on low beams and then use uconnect to turn it off there?

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
you know what they say about assume - ***-u-me lol

When I got mine (1.2 years ago) it was 2 revisions behind..... and did the update.... and then around a month ago I saw several updates since I had last updated, so I did the update..... DRL options finally worked, and everything else seemed better....
and then I check again today, and there's another update!!! Might do it this weekend or early next week

silver billet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got this sorted. Can confirm that Tazer DT will disable DRL's even in Canadian trucks.

In the vehicle settings:
- set drl type: "USA"
- set drl location: "off" or "turns"

In live menu settings:
- turn off amber drl's (this setting isn't in the pdf manual! but the option is there in this firmware)

In Uconnect, once you've set drl type to "USA" and did the 2 cycle reboot:
- settings -> lights -> unselect the "running lights".

Users who are viewing this thread