5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disable traction Control/Stabiltrak?

Yedi

Reaction score
Winter is here. Was excited to slide around in my 19' rebel. I turned the traction control button off, and to my disappointment it still kicks in, just not as much.

I can get the back end to spin Posi, and it spins nice, but it still activates the front brakes to keep the truck from really sliding. This happens in 4x4 also, makes it a very controlled slide. Dissapointed the Electronic locker disengages at a certain speed also..thought locking meant, LOCKING. This may be fine for a Soccer Mom, but I want to play around sometimes.

I get it, the truck handles great in the snow. BUT......when I want to really be in control I cant. Short of pulling a fuse and losing ABS, is there any other options??

Jordan2929

Reaction score
It has to be in 4x4 and you hold down on the traction control button for 10 seconds. That will allow you to do whatever you want, but sadly it doesn't work in 2x4 mode.

Last edited:

Yedi

Reaction score
So Ive been thinking. The fuse pulling idea, was my firt thought. I rember doing that for day time running lights in my Tahoe.

What if a guy made up a Fuse Switch? There would have to be some extra wires from the fuseblock to a dash mounted toggle switch, that was fused. Wondering if this would leave any codes/warning lights?

Then we could just flip a switch to play, and switch it back for full ABS/traction. seems feasible to me, if I do this I'll make a write up. Just seems ridiculous to have a TRACTION OFF switch that doesn't actually turn it off.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
So Ive been thinking. The fuse pulling idea, was my firt thought. I rember doing that for day time running lights in my Tahoe.

What if a guy made up a Fuse Switch? There would have to be some extra wires from the fuseblock to a dash mounted toggle switch, that was fused. Wondering if this would leave any codes/warning lights?

Then we could just flip a switch to play, and switch it back for full ABS/traction. seems feasible to me, if I do this I'll make a write up. Just seems ridiculous to have a TRACTION OFF switch that doesn't actually turn it off.
In theory that could work, but if you got in an accident the insurance company would have a field day if they found it.

LaRamie

Reaction score
Yes pull the fuse f 26 I believe, I'll find the thread for it. Throws traction abs and stability messages but I know it works per the guy that did it. I'll find the thread and be back

Yedi

Reaction score
In theory that could work, but if you got in an accident the insurance company would have a field day if they found it. .

you are correct. I'll probably never do this, like you said huge liability, but it is feasible.

Been playing on the snow covered roads more and more, best way to describe the traction off button, is a controlled slide. If you play with the throttle and get the sweet spot you can drift these trucks really good, just cant do too much throttle, as the stabili trak system kicks in.

As much as I hate it, Ive messed up enough vehicles or had really close calls "playing" around. The ultimate fix would be a tuner that could disable the system, but as previously stated the liability is huge, only if it could leave ABS on and disable Traction/stabili trak

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Roads and parking lots were like greased cookie sheets last night... 10 sec press of Traction Control off in 4WD HI and I was in drift heaven!

Why FCA decided to have a looping EVIC warning that stability control was off is asinine to me... " I KNOW ITS OFF, I PRESSED THE BUTTON FOR 10SEC, I WANT IT OFF!!" Was my response to the relentless dinging while I ripped up the Pet Smart parking lot!

Users who are viewing this thread