5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disable remote tailgate release on FOB?

slowjam

Reaction score
Will be getting a 2020 Laramie next week. Is it possible to disable the tailgate release option on the FOB?

hydrant328

Reaction score
Will be getting a 2020 Laramie next week. Is it possible to disable the tailgate release option on the FOB?
Why would you want to disable? I'm looking to get a laramie fob so i can program it for my big horn.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It wont let you drop it unless you are stopped or in park. The doors have to be unlocked as well, and locking them locks the tailgate. What are you afraid of?

slowjam

Reaction score
I have a topper with a ”lip” that extends over the rear edge of the tailgate. [ It’s a contoured Leer topper ]If I were to mistakenly hit that button the tailgate might rip the rear window on the topper.

Bearman95

Reaction score
I can’t tell you how it happened but my Laramie was parked in my garage for a couple days and I went out to let the garage door up so I could drive out. At that time my garage door made this terrible sound and started moving in a way that it should not. I stopped it and went and looked and my tailgate was laying against the garage door. It dented my garage door plus scratched up the back of my tailgate. I for one would love to find a way to disconnect any remote release!

slowjam

Reaction score
I might Super glue the FOB button Unless it has rubberized coating like on the 4th GEN FOB. [I have not received my truck yet, so I’m not sure how the 5th Gen FOB is designed. ]

Bearman95

Reaction score
I might Super glue the FOB button Unless it has rubberized coating like on the 4th GEN FOB. [I have not received my truck yet, so I’m not sure how the 5th Gen FOB is designed. ]
You have to press the release button two times within a couple of seconds I believe to make it release. I live by myself in my key fob stays hanging on the wall so I have no idea how this tailgate released other than that was a flaw in the system. There’s also a release near the power sunroof controls. I Try to be very careful not to touch that!

Users who are viewing this thread