5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disable parking lights when remote start is on?

Tim3282

Reaction score
Is there a was to disable the parking lights when the remote start is running? I have looked into the alfaobo app as well and don't see the option for this. I have a 2019 1500 and I do not like the idea of everyone knowing that im leaving my house because of the truck running. Any help in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks...

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No, it’s not a configurable feature.
I’m more curious about the reason- would people not know you left your house when your truck is gone?

Tim3282

Reaction score
Its more about people not know the truck is running and truck jacking my awesome ride as I leave.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Won't they hear it running? The exhaust note is pretty noticeable to a passerby. Even if the dirt bags break in, they can't drive away without the fob.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Nowadays, any self-respecting car thief will just clone your fob and steal it that way than to wait for you to remote start your truck, break in, and not be able to drive it without the fob.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Its more about people not know the truck is running and truck jacking my awesome ride as I leave.

As mentioned, they couldn't anyways, without the key, the truck would simply turn off at 15 minutes of idling.

However, it may not stop some dirt bag that doesn't know that from trying to breaking-in to a running vehicle with no one it, so I get it there.

Users who are viewing this thread