5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disable MDS AND Auto Start-Stop at once on 2022 1500 Limited

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Forgive me if there has already been a thread on this and I failed to find it.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a way to disable MDS AND Auto Auto-Start (without doing any temp hacks such as gear limit 8 etc).

I know the Pulse module (when it becomes compatible with 2022s) would allow MDS to be turned off.
I also know that the Tazer DT would not disable Auto Start-Stop but would remember the toggle switch position effectively allowing me to "turn it off".
These 2 systems appear to "fight" each other from what I researched.

I also have some interesting in a Sprint Booster, not sure if that would also fight anything else, but i'm more concerned with getting MDS off, and not needing to turn off Auto Start-Stop every time I drive my truck.

I come from the days of just slapping a tune on whatever i'm driving and having any tweaks done there like on my old Mustang or current Silverado. It seems like these Ram's just don't allow those things to be done because of locked computer systems or other stuff I guess. I would much rather just get a tune and get all the settings I want set but it seems like that's simply not possible. I got rid of my old Bama tuner, but I still have an Diablospot inTune I3 for what it's worth (I guess nothing for the truck i'm getting).

Would love to know what people think\have heard\done.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Tow/Haul?
I want it to drive like normal... I just don't want those features on...

I'm assuming tow/haul mode is going to change shiftpoints and want to hang in gear longer then normal. It would be really bad for me considering most of my driving is highway but for city driving, sure I guess.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are companies that make auto stop start eliminating harnesses that you can install, they make it so when you press the button to shut the truck off, the truck will remember to keep it disabled when you restart it ( I think a Tazer DT can do this as well but I’m not sure on that)

For MDS I don’t know of any harnesses you can use but pulsar or a full tune like one from diablosport.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
There are companies that make auto stop start eliminating harnesses that you can install, they make it so when you press the button to shut the truck off, the truck will remember to keep it disabled when you restart it ( I think a Tazer DT can do this as well but I’m not sure on that)

For MDS I don’t know of any harnesses you can use but pulsar or a full tune like one from diablosport.
Do you have a link to any of these harnesses?

The Tazer DT can do that, but it fights with the Pulsar I read.

I will do a SWG bypass so maybe I can mod it via alfaodb? Tazer DT requires the same bypass if I recall correctly.

Currently Diablosport says there is no support and no expected support for the 2022 rams for some reason or else I would happily tune it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Is this the harness you were talking about? https://www.autostopeliminator.com/products/2019-ram-1500-autostop-eliminator
Looks like it's independent from any other possible mods and I could couple that with a Pulsar

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yep that’s it 👍🏻 As long as you don’t have the G/T package with console shifter it’ll work on your 22’
Negative on the console shifter, I wish I had a steering wheel mounted shifter. I test drove one with a GT package and it all seemed *** backwards (even shifting with the shifter LOL).

Thanks for the info!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do you have a link to any of these harnesses?

The Tazer DT can do that, but it fights with the Pulsar I read.

I will do a SWG bypass so maybe I can mod it via alfaodb? Tazer DT requires the same bypass if I recall correctly.

Currently Diablosport says there is no support and no expected support for the 2022 rams for some reason or else I would happily tune it.
I added an Autostop Eliminator to my '21 Limited. It allows me to turn stop/start back on with the stock button if I ever want it active, but I don't have to press it at every start-up.

MDS is more difficult to permanently disable, and I decided not to go that route while my truck is still under warranty.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You cannot change any settings with MDS or Auto Start/Stop with AlfaOBD.

The only way to "disable" MDS without aftermarket means is to select "8" on the gear limit (buttons in the lower right of the steering wheel) or select Tow/Haul.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Negative on the console shifter, I wish I had a steering wheel mounted shifter. I test drove one with a GT package and it all seemed *** backwards (even shifting with the shifter LOL).

Thanks for the info!
Yeah I’m with you on that one, I prefer column shifters like the “real trucks” have 🤣 but I got used to the dial pretty quick.

Darkrt

Reaction score
I installed the Sprint Booster and a Stop Start Eliminator several months ago. Booth are great products.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I added an Autostop Eliminator to my '21 Limited. It allows me to turn stop/start back on with the stock button if I ever want it active, but I don't have to press it at every start-up.

MDS is more difficult to permanently disable, and I decided not to go that route while my truck is still under warranty.
I think i'm going to do an Autostop Eliminator and a Pulsar. Warranty doesn't matter for me as I want to keep it much longer then 3-5 years
You cannot change any settings with MDS or Auto Start/Stop with AlfaOBD.

The only way to "disable" MDS without aftermarket means is to select "8" on the gear limit (buttons in the lower right of the steering wheel) or select Tow/Haul.
I'm going to use aftermarket stuff, running on 4 cylinders does nothing good for the truck. If I wanted to drive a 4 or a 6 I would of bought that.
Looks like I can do the autostop eliminator for that delete, and Pulsar for MDS delete, hopefully the lifters will last longer.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I installed the Sprint Booster and a Stop Start Eliminator several months ago. Booth are great products.
I think i'm going to do both of those with the Pulsar.
I thought the Sprint booster was BS until I watched a video that shows how it worked.
Hopefully it all works on a 2022.

Users who are viewing this thread