5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dirty Drivers Window from Wipers

MarkHodges

Reaction score
This is my first RAM (2023 Rebel) and one of the things that's driving me a little crazy is that the driver's window is always filthy right where you look into the mirror. The passenger side is just fine. It's because when the wipers push the water to the left on the driver's side, its running across the pillar and then blowing along the side of the truck, over the mirror arm and running on the side window.

I've never really noticed this on most other vehicles (least not as bad...when the water gets pushed to the side on my stinger or wife's car, it gets pushed up the windshield and over the top of the car.
I can't for the life of me figure out why in the hell that window is constantly filthy and needs cleaning just so I can look at the mirror....

I thought about the in channel wind guards but they probably won't do squat to fix that problem as they sit too high.....I jokingly told my wife I am going to buy clear silicone and run it up the side trim on the window so the water will then hopefully run up the window vs across the pillar....she didn't look impressed with that idea....

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Coating the glass would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

akostaac

Reaction score
I understand your pain lol. What I do is I wait to get to a complete stop and turn on the wipers on so the water runs down quickly and doesn’t get to my window. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread