5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Direct Fit short headers

jrw921

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a direct fit brand of short headers that will not require any modifications? 5.7 NON E Torque. My manifolds are still in working order, but I want to make the switch when the time comes. 1 and done.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BBK, JBA, AFE with BBK being the worst.

They all seem to have an issue, some less than others.

jrw921

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a direct fit brand of short headers that will not require any modifications? 5.7 NON E Torque. My manifolds are still in working order, but I want to make the switch when the time comes. 1 and done.
BBK, JBA, AFE with BBK being the worst.

They all seem to have an issue, some less than others.
Issues in fitting, quality or both?

Jedi9

Reaction score
Did I hear something about the Gladiator headers fitting?

Jedi9

Reaction score
Thought about it after I posted, maybe it was for a 3.6. I don't know if 392 headers fit a 345 and I don't know if you can get a gladiator with a 392

My1stHemi

Reaction score
I struggled with quality control, material failure, and design challenges (leaks and hardware access) with two sets of AFE shorties. I would strongly recommend staying with cast iron manifolds unless you plan to do a full exhaust system with long tube headers and a dyno tune. Otherwise it is pointless from a performance or sound standpoint.

Shorties will likely gain you nothing but wasted time, more under hood exhaust noise(ticking), and a hole in your wallet.

Users who are viewing this thread