5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diode Dynamics LED Fog Lights Install Question

U

User_34235

I have/had the halogen fog lights that I replaced with the Diode Dynamics LED fog lights and am wondering if I did something wrong. When I turn the light switch to the "ON" position, the green light on the dash lights up indicating that the fogs are supposed to be on, but neither of the fog lights come on. My question is are they wired where the polarity has to be one way so there is a chance that I wired both of them backwards? They did come with a wiring harness so all I would have to do is flip the connectors around but I wanted to know from others out there if the polarity thing was an option or if I just screwed something up.....Thanks in advance.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did it say you had to move any pins in the OEM harness in the instructions?
I know if you install OEM LED fogs you must change a pin in the wiring harness because of the polarity.

But if diode dynamics provided a wiring harness I would think that would take care of the polarity issue.

U

User_34235

I will have to contact Diode Dynamics about moving the pin issue you spoke of. I do know that the connector to the original harness could be connected either direction so thats what had me worried. I mean what are the odds I put both of the connectors backwards?.....Just thinking.
Thanks

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe the polarity needed to be reversed when moving from halogen to led fogs.

U

User_34235

I believe the polarity needed to be reversed when moving from halogen to led fogs.
Would that mean it could be as simple as just turning the connectors around 180 degrees and plug back in or is there more? Thanks

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Would that mean it could be as simple as just turning the connectors around 180 degrees and plug back in or is there more? Thanks
Connector would not fit when turned 180 degrees, they are keyed. The pins are easy to swap. There are only 2 wires. Just switch the position and you're good to go.

2slow95vert

Reaction score
Are your headlights on? The headlights have to be on (not just the dial turned to auto) for the foglights to turn on. If your headlights are on and the fogs are not then yes, you may have to plug in that provided harness the other way. I installed this kit on my LED truck a couple weeks ago.

U

User_34235

Are your headlights on? The headlights have to be on (not just the dial turned to auto) for the foglights to turn on. If your headlights are on and the fogs are not then yes, you may have to plug in that provided harness the other way. I installed this kit on my LED truck a couple weeks ago.
Thanks. Originally the switch was just in the auto and it was during the day so I "assumed" the fog lights would come on but I was wrong. I did turn the light switch to on and no go. I contacted DD and they did say you can plug the harness 180 degrees out so Monday I will be under there flipping things around. Just odd that I managed to plug both backwards?.....HHHMMM

MattGalmish

Reaction score
I have/had the halogen fog lights that I replaced with the Diode Dynamics LED fog lights and am wondering if I did something wrong. When I turn the light switch to the "ON" position, the green light on the dash lights up indicating that the fogs are supposed to be on, but neither of the fog lights come on. My question is are they wired where the polarity has to be one way so there is a chance that I wired both of them backwards? They did come with a wiring harness so all I would have to do is flip the connectors around but I wanted to know from others out there if the polarity thing was an option or if I just screwed something up.....Thanks in advance.

When I installed mine, it did the exact same thing. You can easily switch their harness 180. Once I did that, worked like a champ!

144ae74ce97e8322685b06bc6ceb3d8b.jpg

a2bf683888bb6a4ccec7adf66b9c1f58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U

User_34235

Thanks for the response. "Hopefully" tomorrow I will have the time to get the covers off and look into this and see if I can get them to work. Lets hope....lol

Users who are viewing this thread